Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Question Artwork for FLAC (not iTunes) music?

    All my CDs were ripped to FLAC, and now I want artwork. Is there some simple way to do this? Must I install iTunes and re-rip everything into MP3?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    138
    I think you can just add artwork to the files using an tag editor like mp3tag or tag&rename. I have lots of flac files and always add artwork using tag&rename.

  3. #3
    cunobelinus@mac.com
    Guest

    Artwork for FLAC (not iTunes) music?

    Coverscout 3.

    www.equinox.com

    If I remember correctly.

    On 9 Oct 2009, at 17:06, DaveSte wrote:

    >
    > All my CDs were ripped to FLAC, and now I want artwork. Is there some
    > simple way to do this? Must I install iTunes and re-rip everything
    > into
    > MP3?
    >
    >
    > --
    > DaveSte
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DaveSte's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33402
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69478
    >
    >

  4. #4
    cunobelinus@mac.com
    Guest

    Artwork for FLAC (not iTunes) music?

    Sorry. Slip of the fingers. That should be

    www.equinux.com

    unless you're into yoga.


    On 9 Oct 2009, at 18:00, cunobelinus (AT) mac (DOT) com wrote:

    > Coverscout 3.
    >
    > www.equinox.com
    >
    > If I remember correctly.
    >
    > On 9 Oct 2009, at 17:06, DaveSte wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> All my CDs were ripped to FLAC, and now I want artwork. Is there
    >> some
    >> simple way to do this? Must I install iTunes and re-rip everything
    >> into
    >> MP3?
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> DaveSte
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> DaveSte's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33402
    >> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?
    >> t=69478
    >>
    >>

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    229

    Artwork for FLAC (not iTunes) music?

    Quoting Blackfiction (Blackfiction.3zsslb1255106281 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

    >
    > I think you can just add artwork to the files using an tag editor like
    > mp3tag or tag&rename. I have lots of flac files and always add artwork
    > using tag&rename.


    Same, using mp3tag.

  6. #6
    Senior Member radish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Red Bank, NJ
    Posts
    5,052
    You can also just drop the image in the album directory with a name of "folder.jpg" and SC will pick it up from there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    But where is the art?

    OK, I understand that I could tag the files. But where do the little jpegs (or whatever) come from? AFAIK they are not part of the ripped files. Are they on the CDs somewhere?

    I naively hoped that there would be some archive of art that I could download automagically. Not so?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phuket & Singapore
    Posts
    234

    Art work mostly from Amazon.com

    Both MP3tag and Tag&Rename will find artwork (and other info) directly by looking up Amazon.com. MP3Tag is free, but I prefer Tag&Rename. (does other things apart from artwork). If you cannot find the artwork on Amazon.com, I find http://www.cdcovers.cc/ to be quite useful. Amazon.com typically has the folder.jpg in 300x300 or 500x500 pixels size which is ideal. Cdcovers you download the album art separately and then resize/rename to folder.jpg.

    Dan

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6
    Take a look ak MediaMonkey:
    http://www.mediamonkey.com

  10. #10
    cunobelinus@mac.com
    Guest

    Artwork for FLAC (not iTunes) music?

    Are they on the CD somewhere? No. They are not.
    Is there an archive of art to download? No. There is not.

    Coverscout 3. www.equinux.com.

    Again.


    On 10 Oct 2009, at 03:10, DaveSte wrote:

    >
    > OK, I understand that I could tag the files. But where do the little
    > jpegs (or whatever) come from? AFAIK they are not part of the ripped
    > files. Are they on the CDs somewhere?
    >
    > I naively hoped that there would be some archive of art that I could
    > download automagically. Not so?
    >
    >
    > --
    > DaveSte
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DaveSte's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33402
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69478
    >
    >

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •