Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My new Squeezebox Radio is not listed on SBS?

SB Radio is not listed on the Squeezebox Server. The radio works great and I love it....but my SB3 is listed as is the Boom.....but not the radio. Any suggestions?

Congrats on the new Radio.

Is it connected to mysqueezebox.com?

If you have a local squeezebox server running, it should attempt to connected to it when you push into My Music.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Ok thanks, I'll try pushing onto My Music as you suggest.

A simple question: Since it is a radio can it use batteries?

Not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Im considering one but since I have a boom I don't want another device that has to be plugged in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by siasl View Post
    Not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Im considering one but since I have a boom I don't want another device that has to be plugged in.
    Yes - rechargeable battery pack is optional extra
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by siasl View Post
    Radio accessories:
    http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/pr...adio.html#tab3

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
    Congrats on the new Radio.

Is it connected to mysqueezebox.com?

If you have a local squeezebox server running, it should attempt to connected to it when you push into My Music.
    Sue, I did do what you suggested and yes, I had the Radio on SBS and listened to "my music". I then went back to MSBN.com . Then I checked SBS and it was no longer listed but the others were (even though they were on msbn.com too). Is that normal? Also, when I returned to the Radio all the presets had been bumped off the front . Thanks. Also, do you have suggestions for any awesome radio music or talk stations? Just thought I'd ask you.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2009-10-04 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Sue, I did do what you suggested and yes, I had the Radio on SBS and listened to "my music". I then went back to MSBN.com . Then I checked SBS and it was no longer listed but the others were (even though they were on msbn.com too). Is that normal? Also, when I returned to the Radio all the presets had been bumped off the front . Thanks. Also, do you have suggestions for any awesome radio music or talk stations? Just thought I'd ask you.
    The auto-switching between mysb.com and SBS is so new, I don't think anyone really understands what's normal, and it hasn't been explained very well from the devs. I keep a server running 24/7 so I rarely switch, myself--I just use the music services through my SBS. Maybe that's what's happening with your other players?

Presets - I'm not sure, but I don't think these are synced between MySB.com and SBS. So if you set a preset while you are connected to MySB.com, and then switch to your server, it won't be available. I could be wrong. Like I said, I don't switch often.

Station Suggestions - Nope, I mainly stick with local music, Last.fm, or Slacker.

Have fun!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post

Station Suggestions - Nope, I mainly stick with local music, Last.fm, or Slacker.

Have fun!
    What? No Pandora?

I've been comparing pandora last.fm and slacker (as I never heard of any of them until I got my Duet a few weeks ago).

I think Pandora is by far the best. last.fm doesn't let you save a station by genre. So everytime I want a genre (not just a stream based on my library of favorite artists) I have to pick it individually.

On Pandora you save a station by artist, by genre or whatever. Pandora seems more consistent in choosing appropriate music for what you select (be it an artist station, genre or whatever).

Also, last.fm's website is very confusing. Even just finding your own library there can be a chore and you cant' always add to it easily (depending where you are on the website). Pandora's site is slick and easy.

Slacker I'm still not sure about, but doesn't seem as configurable as either pandora or last.fm.

I'd rank them:

1. Pandora

2. last.fm

3. Slacker
    Last edited by eap; 2009-10-04 at 08:51.

What? No Pandora?
    That's funny. I have always wondered why Pandora seems to get all the love. I have a Pandora account but I have not used it in a long time. When I used it, it seemed like it was always playing the same songs. My husband felt the same way when he used it. If I want to hear the same mainstream radio songs over and over, I have FM for that!

Slacker seems more configurable. I can get my Slacker stations tweaked so that I almost never have to use the skip.

Last.FM I like for recommendations or listening to friends' libraries.

To each his own... I'm glad we have so many options!
    Sue