Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

7.4 on Ubuntu 6.06, server dies and restarts continuously.

I made mention of this in the Squeezecenter forum under a linux question but thought it might be more appropriate to ask again in this forum.

Tried upgrading to 7.4 on Ubuntu 6.06 using the package manager. It removed SC and installed SBS. It appeared to work initially asking for the SN username and password and for a pointer to the music directory. After that the server became unresponsive.

Checking the log I saw that the server was dying and restarting every five seconds. I did a command line removal with purge of SC and tried reinstalling SBS as well as complete removal and reinstallation of SBS for the most part to no avail.

Looking for other issues I upgraded MySQL from 4.1 to 5. PERL5 seemed to be the most up to date for 6.06.

I reinstalled 7.3.4 without a problem and it started up fine. Once again tried removing with purge from command line and installing SBS. This time it seemed to work and I was able to scan the music directory. I added the SuperDateTime plugin (7.4 version) and restarted SBS which again became unresponsive and showed the same activity before with dying and restarting every 5 seconds.

Out of ideas.

Same problem here on same ancient platform. I've filed a bug, please vote and add yourself to CC: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14466

My debugging got stumped here: The failing call is $sqlHelperClass->init() but I'm not sure where it leads to... I thought it would be MySQLHelper->init() but that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks for the info. I voted for the bug. Hopefully it is something that can be resolved. Don't look forward to upgrading the distribution