Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship date?

Ship date?

Anyone know why, if you order a Radio today, late at night on September 29, you are informed that you are placing a pre-order that won't ship until September 28? If shipment has been delayed, they should just say so....

Ship date?

bruce wrote:
    > Anyone know why, if you order a Radio today

I do not know, I'm a customer. But the engineers are drinking beer and
    getting some early sleep, because they say "it is shipped".

This may mean that it will take a few days to flow through the
    distribution channels before it gets to your local BestBuy or Internet
    retailer.

Methinks that some folks had a serious "Q3 2009" deadline to get it out.

What delays your local retailer adds is another story.

--
    Pat Farrell
    http://www.pfarrell.com/

I failed to mention that I ordered it from Logitech!

Logitech and Amazon both still say pre-order.
    4 Radios, Touch, SBR, SC 7.5 on WHS

Showing up as in stock at Logitech store...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp.../5847&cl=us,en

Logitech Sales

Smile coming soon

The radios were not released from our dc's until yesterday morning. They were held at the dc's until the software was ready to go.
    Orders placed on www.logitech.com and Amazon.com should start shipping today.
    Our site www.logitechsqueezebox.com will receive our initial shipment tomorrow and will begin shipping our pre-orders. We will be upgrading the shipping for everyone who pre ordered.
    Once we have units in our warehouse I will remove the pre-order status from Radio.
    Believe me we are all as anxious as you are to get these units out the door.
    Matt Parry-logitech employee

Quote Originally Posted by mparry View Post
    The radios were not released from our dc's until yesterday morning. They were held at the dc's until the software was ready to go.
    Orders placed on www.logitech.com and Amazon.com should start shipping today.
    Our site www.logitechsqueezebox.com will receive our initial shipment tomorrow and will begin shipping our pre-orders. We will be upgrading the shipping for everyone who pre ordered.
    Once we have units in our warehouse I will remove the pre-order status from Radio.
    Believe me we are all as anxious as you are to get these units out the door.
    Hope you are correct as far as Amazon goes. I upped the shipping to next day, so if Amazon gets on the ball in the next few hours I could have it by tomorrow !!! (need to work on my patience)

Thanks for the info. When you say you will "begin" shipping preorders, roughly how long will it take to fill all the preorders?

Out of curiosity, were there enough of them made to fill all the pre-orders? The reason I ask is because I ordered mine from Amazon just a couple of days ago. Clearly, this puts me pretty far down the queue.

The Squeezebox website now says you can pre-order for shipment on October 1.

Hey Logitech, I know you're working hard and I'm sure 99% of us don't mind waiting an extra few days or even weeks for the Radio. But it would be good customer service to email people who pre-ordered telling them that shipment is delayed by a few days. We shouldn't have to monitor the website or these forums to learn of the delay.