Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    @affriend
    Thanks so much, that worked. It is nice that people with knowledge are able to help the less technically able
    Thanks to both you and PasTim
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Anyone could help me how to set the correct timezone for the current time, that is displayed by the custom clock applet?

I use the "%H1:%M" variables, but it displays GMT time. Where does the custom clock applet get the current time - does it come from the settings of the Logitech media server, from the custom clock helper, the PC/NAS that the server is installed on, or some place else?

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Anyone could help me how to set the correct timezone for the current time, that is displayed by the custom clock applet?

I use the "%H1:%M" variables, but it displays GMT time. Where does the custom clock applet get the current time - does it come from the settings of the Logitech media server, from the custom clock helper, the PC/NAS that the server is installed on, or some place else?

I use "%H:%M" without the one. I am not sure where it gets the time but appears on my touch correct for my local time EST
    • Version: 7.9.2 - 1562753347 @ Wed Jul 10 12:46:39 CEST 2019
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

I think it comes from LMS. My Touch doesn't seem to keep its own date/time up to date.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Thanks. This brings me to the next question - can we set the time manually (or the timezone) in LMS settings?

I think it could have come up in the initial settings right after the installation of LMS, but is there a way to reach these settings later?

Thanks. This brings me to the next question - can we set the time manually (or the timezone) in LMS settings?

I think it could have come up in the initial settings right after the installation of LMS, but is there a way to reach these settings later?
    LMS gets the time from the host computer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    LMS gets the time from the host computer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Ok, my host computer is a qnap nas. In it's administration webpage the time matches the timezone I actually live in (GMT+2). But custom clock shows the gmt time. Though, your post may encourage me to manually change the time on the nas, to see if that corresponds to custom clock time, thanks.

EDIT: so I tried to set the time manually on my nas, but it did not change anything on the custom clock applet. I don't know how often it refreshes the time, but it stayed the same for about 10 minutes when I was testing, and after the restart of LMS it stayed the same.

EDIT2: I guess it's beyond my skills to find how to change the displayed time, so I'm thinking about another workaround. I see there is an "timeicon" category, which should display different images based on what time it is? But I'm not sure what kind of image files to use, because they should contain separate frames for each number I guess. Can I use a .gif file? I guess it's possible to create such files by myself with photoshop, but maybe someone has already working examples, that can be edited according to my needs?
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-28 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    A new version of Custom Clock/Custom Clock Helper is now available, the news are:
    - Added support for visualizers (analogvumeter, digitalvumeter), there is a sample "Analog VU Meter" style for the Touch bundled which use the standard visualizer image but make it possible to configure exactly which text elements you like to display.
    - Added support for time based icon images through the new "timeicon" item type (jstraw, this is what you want to use for your flip clock experiment)
    - Added support for animated icons through new framerate/framewidth attributes on all icon item types (tcutting this is the solution to your charging icon)

NOTE!
    Visualizers will probably not work on the Radio and Controller due to the slower CPU, I've only tried them on the Touch yet.

The spectrum visualizer was a bit more complex so that will be included in a future version.

New attributes on all icon item types
    A little information of the new attributes on icon item types:
    - framerate: Specifies the number of animation steps per second
    - framewidth: Specifies the width of each frame in the image provided by the url attributes.

A sample icon which support animations are this one:
    http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jiv...y_charging.png
    And it should be configured with "framerate=1" and "framewidth=24"

New timeicon item type
    The new "timeicon" item type handles images in the same way as the above animation support, but it doesn't animate the image instead it selects which image to use based on the the number in the "text" attribute. Some information on the attributes:

"text": Should contain one of:
    -- "%S": Seconds, require a image with 60 frames (00-59)
    -- "%I": 12 hour clock, require a image with at least 13 frames (00-12), the first frame will never be used
    -- "%H": 24 hour clock, require an image with at least 24 frames (00-23)
    -- "%M": Minutes, require an image with 60 frames (00-59)
    -- "%d": Day of month, require an image with 32 frames (00-31), the first frame will never be used
    -- "%w": Weekday, require an image with 7 frames (Sun-Sat)
    -- "%m": Month, require an image with 13 frames (00-12), the first frame will never be used
    -- "%y": 2 digit year, require an image with 100 frames (00-99)
    You can of course create a generic image with 00-99 frames and it will support all the above mentioned values in the "text" attribute. Possibly, you might want to have two images, one where 0-9 is shown as 00-09 and one where its shown as 0-9

"url": The actual digit image (may have transparent background)

"width": The width of the frames in the "url" image

"url.background" (optional): If specified, this image will be pasted behind the digits. This way you can have a generic digit image with transparent background and use the "url.background" to make several styles with different background behind the digits. The "url.background" image won't be "animated" the whole image will be pasted as normal images.

Hi,
    I'm really interested in the timeicon item type. Is it still supported? I'm trying to make a clock that displays 2 hours ahead of the time it reads from the LMS (because I can't find the way to alter the time on the LMS, which is installed on a qnap nas).

So I created this image and used it in the "url" field, together with %H in the "text" field and 116 in the "width" field. But the image is not displayed. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? I'd really like to use this feature.

Here's my configuration:

{"backgroundtype":"","clockposy":"","backgrounddyn amic":"false","items":[{"width":"116","visibilitytime":"","itemtype":"tim eicon","visibilitygroup":"","url":"https://i.imgur.com/8Jxpski.png","posx":"5","url.background":"","posy" :"5","visibilityorder":"","order":"","text":"%H "}],"name":"tsttst","background":"","contributors":"" ,"clockposx":"","models":["touch"]}
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-31 at 07:59.

So I created this image and used it in the "url" field, together with %H in the "text" field and 116 in the "width" field. But the image is not displayed. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? I'd really like to use this feature.
    Not sure if this is the problem but try to refer to the image with http instead of https, if I remember correctly https wasnĺt supported in all parts of SqueezeOS
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

https does not work in CCH / SDT.
    I tried it for some servers and failed. Look for a http-server and use it. They seem to be getting rare, most use https nowadays.
    2xPi3-7"+pCP+LMS | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng | [2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]