Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLnut View Post
    The new Controller software update (I believe it was build 7925?) that I was prompted to install today completely uninstalled this plugin! I was already running 7.4.1 so I don't know why the update would have uninstalled the plugin. I had to reinstall it.
    You always have to reinstall applets after a firmware update.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

BTW -- after reinstalling the Custom Clock plugin, when I go to the Controller's settings/screensaver menu, there is no "Classic" or "Custom" clock in the choices like there used to be. I only see the analog, digital, or Facebook clocks as available selections. Now .. when I go the web settings UI and go to plugins, I see that there is a "Custom Clock Helper" plugin entry under installed plugins. I chose the Classic clock for the Controller and clicked apply and close. I still get the ugly new clock. So then, I decided to stop Squeezebox Server and restart it. There still is no "Classic clock" listed under the screensaver menu, and I still am getting the ugly new clock.

I just went through the reinstall for Custom Clock and saw taht there was a new 1.2 version. It's working now and showing up in the screen saver settings. I'm waiting to make sure that when it goes to screen saver in a few minutes the classic clock will display.

Having to reinstall plugins after a firmware update is pretty ridiculous. I might understand if it was going from say 7.4 to 7.5 or 8 (a major upgrade), but not for an unremarkable update.

Is there any way to display your Flickr stream as the background to the clock?

Hi Erland,

a couple of questions. Is there anyway to display the year (%Y?) and what about AM/PM (it seems all the 12hr clocks don't show whether you are AM or PM.

Cheers

CW

[Edit] Ok, just tried %Y and that worked so just the AM/PM thing left to figure out!)
    Last edited by Chunkywizard; 2009-12-30 at 15:52. Reason: update
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x4 (Kids, Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.9.2 for PCP
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkywizard View Post
    a couple of questions. Is there anyway to display the year (%Y?) and what about AM/PM (it seems all the 12hr clocks don't show whether you are AM or PM.
    You will find the format keywords supported here:
    http://perltraining.com.au/tips/2009-02-26.html

There is no easy way to make the am/pm indication a lot smaller than the rest of the clock numbers in the current version.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    You will find the format keywords supported here:
    http://perltraining.com.au/tips/2009-02-26.html

There is no easy way to make the am/pm indication a lot smaller than the rest of the clock numbers in the current version.
    thanks. %p then. I did search for them but forgot they were perl. :whoops: Anyway, not to worry about the size, I an just designing one I like now. I'll post a screen shot in a bit.

[edit] one slight hiccup, I was looking for 12hour time with no leading zero which is not in the list you sent. Other sites suggest it's %h, but this is being translated at shortened month (which should be %b), is this a bug or have I got the variable wrong?

[edit2] found it! See: http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man3/strftime.3.asp for a better list. %I and %l had me confused

CW
    Last edited by Chunkywizard; 2009-12-31 at 01:59. Reason: extra question
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat

Hi Folks,

here's the Custom Clock I have made. It's on a transparent background and it's meant for close viewing (as the date is fairly small). Suits me fine as I have the radio on the breakfast bar at the moment. I'll post the .prefs file in a mo.

Cheers

CW

[Edit] .prefs (zipped) file now attached for anyone that wants it.
    Last edited by Chunkywizard; 2010-01-01 at 14:30. Reason: added .prefs file

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post

After you have changed a style with Custom Clock Helper plugin, you will need to goto "Settings/Screen/Custom Clock Settings/Styles" on the Controller/Radio/Touch and select another style and then select the style you just updated. This will refresh the settings for the Custom Clock applet and make it use your latest changes.
    I do this, but none of the changes I make on the Web GUI seem to take effect; I just get the stock custom clocks that come with the applet itself. In other words, changing the "red" color of "item 1" to grey does nothing; the whole clock is still red. Is there something else I need to do to get the custom clock helper to work?

Quote Originally Posted by mbonsack View Post
    I do this, but none of the changes I make on the Web GUI seem to take effect; I just get the stock custom clocks that come with the applet itself. In other words, changing the "red" color of "item 1" to grey does nothing; the whole clock is still red. Is there something else I need to do to get the custom clock helper to work?
    Just to be clear, so there isn't just some misunderstanding causing this:

1. Let's say the "Digital Clock" style is the one currently selected and also the one you like to change
    2. Change the style parameters for the "Digital Clock" clock in the web interface in SBS and save it
    3. Goto the Radio/Controller/Touch and enter the menu Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings/Style
    4. Right click or knob click on some other style, for example "Analog Clock"
    5. Right click or knob click on the "Digital Clock" style which you modified
    6. Click left to exit the menu, this will also store the style changes

And of course, you need to make sure "Custom Clock" is selected as screen saver.

If it still doesn't work it might be a bug somewhere, but I think it should work because the predefined style "Digital Clock (red text)" works, doesn't it ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets