Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    erland,

the time/date shown by your applet isn't localized.
    I guess you suffer from http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14538 as well, so you might want to comment/watch this bug.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

On Squeezebox Radio, I have Custom clock as my while playing screen saver. If I pause my music and then resume it, the custom clock screen saver never comes back until I power off and back on. It's happened often but I'm not sure if it's doing it all the time. I know it has happened while running on battery. Not sure if it has happened while on power. I will have to do more testing but wanted to post this while I was thinking about it.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
    On Squeezebox Radio, I have Custom clock as my while playing screen saver. If I pause my music and then resume it, the custom clock screen saver never comes back until I power off and back on. It's happened often but I'm not sure if it's doing it all the time. I know it has happened while running on battery. Not sure if it has happened while on power. I will have to do more testing but wanted to post this while I was thinking about it.
    Does it work with the standard clock screen saver ?
    I'm asking because if it does, I could just see what's different compared to in my code compared to the standard clock.

If it doesn't work with the standard clock screen saver it would be great if you could register a bug for.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post

If it doesn't work with the standard clock screen saver it would be great if you could register a bug for.
    Screensaver stops working after a long pause
    https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14682
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

I can't find the custom clock plugin anywhere. I've added your repository (and the beta one) and still can't see it listed. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Squeezebox Boom - dining room
    Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
    Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    I can't find the custom clock plugin anywhere. I've added your repository (and the beta one) and still can't see it listed. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    It's not a plugin, it's a Squeezeplay applet.
    You install it by going to the "Applet Installer" menu under "Settings/Advanced" on your Squeezebox Controller/Touch/Radio.

There is now a 1.2 version of Custom Clock available with the following changes:
    - Added support for Custom Clock Helper plugin
    - Added new Digital Clock style with red text

The big news this time is the optional Custom Clock Helper plugin which is available as a separate plugin for Squeezebox Server. By installing this plugin in Squeezebox Server you will be able to edit all clock styles through the Squeezebox Server web interface. You will also be able to create your completely own styles.

After you have changed a style with Custom Clock Helper plugin, you will need to goto "Settings/Screen/Custom Clock Settings/Styles" on the Controller/Radio/Touch and select another style and then select the style you just updated. This will refresh the settings for the Custom Clock applet and make it use your latest changes.

When you create your own style, make sure to enter a name and select one or several models which you want the style to be available on.

So let's go and create some new cool clock styles and share your work here so other users can use your own custom style.

Question to users that try the Custom Clock Helper
    - Is there any need to keep all the Custom Clock settings menus on the Touch/Radio/Controller or would it be better to just have a style selection on the device and make all customizations through Custom Clock Helper in Squeezebox Server interface ?

There is some more information on the wiki page that describes what images you need to create to make your own custom clock style.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...#Customization

Note!
    To take advantage of the new clock style changes, you will need to go into the Custom Clock Settings/Styles menu select another style and select the old one again and step left out of the menu.

erland, slightly random question here - loving the custom clock especially the Moon clock setting.

Is there any way I could change the colour of the moon and the text items (or use a custom background maybe)? Long story, but Man City fans will understand and it would be a great way to repay my long suffering hubbie for all the [breaking] testing our music system I've done recently.

Happy to tweak code if you can point me in the right direction (but know nothing about how the applets work).
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    erland, slightly random question here - loving the custom clock especially the Moon clock setting.

Is there any way I could change the colour of the moon and the text items (or use a custom background maybe)? Long story, but Man City fans will understand and it would be a great way to repay my long suffering hubbie for all the [breaking] testing our music system I've done recently.

Happy to tweak code if you can point me in the right direction (but know nothing about how the applets work).
    Install the Custom Clock Helper in your Squeezebox Server and you will be able to select any background you want. The text colors are limited so you can select among a number of read and white/gray/black tones at the moment, but I'll be happy to add more variants if you like.

There are more information about making your own clock style here:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...#Customization

If you make a new style which other might be interested in, make sure to post it in this forum section so we can add it as one of the bundled styles.

The new Controller software update (I believe it was build 7925?) that I was prompted to install today completely uninstalled this plugin! I was already running 7.4.1 so I don't know why the update would have uninstalled the plugin. I had to reinstall it.