Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Thankyou, how do I remove my version and refresh the default styles?
    1. Select the style in Custom Clock Helper settings page
    2. Check the "Restore to online version or delete if only available locally" checkbox and save
    3. On the Touch, goto Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings and select the slot you have configured the style in and select another style.
    4. On the Touch, goto Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings and select the slot again and select the desired style from the list.

I think point 3 and 4 only is needed if the screen saver isn't active when you perform step 2, if the screen saver is active when you perform step 2 it's supposed to refresh the style on the Touch automatically in point 2.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    1. Select the style in Custom Clock Helper settings page
    2. Check the "Restore to online version or delete if only available locally" checkbox and save
    3. On the Touch, goto Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings and select the slot you have configured the style in and select another style.
    4. On the Touch, goto Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings and select the slot again and select the desired style from the list.

I think point 3 and 4 only is needed if the screen saver isn't active when you perform step 2, if the screen saver is active when you perform step 2 it's supposed to refresh the style on the Touch automatically in point 2.
    I would add another couple of points in order to have both the official published version and the own developer version for future improvements

1a. Save style local version to a text file (Export button).
    5. Import style saved at point 1a and rename it in the JSON pasting area by changing the name after "name:" keyworrd to something like "Style name - Devel".

I believe this may have been covered before but I can't find the post. Anyway I am trying to modify the Digital Clock Lightly shaded cover clock style so it shows track information at the top of the screen. I am adding item #7 to Items in this manner Item#7 (tracktext): TRACKNUM. TITLE by ARTIST from ALBUM - YEAR - BITRATE and setting alignment to Top and applying(I have Custom Clock Helper plugin installed). This works partially showing "Title by artist from album" but the track number, year and bit rate do not show up. Can someone tell me what the correct syntax is to get it working. It worked fine on the old SB2 &3 players but not my Touch

edit:Looking at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ack#post517763 TRACKNUM should show track number but I am getting nothing on the display. Still don't know how to display year or bitrate

Thanks Erland for this great applet

Oh one last thing. I am on a trial for Erland's plugins and will if it all works out go for the long term license. Will I be able to keep all my old settings when I upgrade or do I start over again?
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-02 at 18:17.

font

A great thing would be to change the default font used to render the clock.
    Arial is so old-school.

Quote Originally Posted by th00ht View Post
    A great thing would be to change the default font used to render the clock.
    Arial is so old-school.
    You can change the font through Custom Clock Helper plugin when editing the style. Most good fonts costs money so I've decided to not bundle additional fonts.

Thought I would share my Clock Applet screen. Using Digital Clock(lightly Shaded Cover)-touch

Scrolling track info,I am hoping to add additional track info including Track number and year
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-07 at 20:28.
    • Version: 8.0.0 - 1579900545 @ Fri Jan 24 22:48:53 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I believe this may have been covered before but I can't find the post. Anyway I am trying to modify the Digital Clock Lightly shaded cover clock style so it shows track information at the top of the screen. I am adding item #7 to Items in this manner Item#7 (tracktext): TRACKNUM. TITLE by ARTIST from ALBUM - YEAR - BITRATE and setting alignment to Top and applying(I have Custom Clock Helper plugin installed). This works partially showing "Title by artist from album" but the track number, year and bit rate do not show up. Can someone tell me what the correct syntax is to get it working. It worked fine on the old SB2 &3 players but not my Touch

edit:Looking at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ack#post517763 TRACKNUM should show track number but I am getting nothing on the display. Still don't know how to display year or bitrate
    It was a bug, should be fixed in the 2.9.3861 version of Custom Clock which I just released. You update it through Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer menu on your Touch, Radio and Controller as usual.

Oh one last thing. I am on a trial for Erland's plugins and will if it all works out go for the long term license. Will I be able to keep all my old settings when I upgrade or do I start over again?
    The configuration in the trial will continue to work with a real license without any configuration changes.

Thanks Erland

I now have TRACKNUM displaying correctly. I am still not getting YEAR or BITRATE to display (they display as YEAR rather than an actual year, ie 1973). I know in the wiki there is a description of using the VARIOUS settings in Custom Clock Helper to allow extra items to display but I am not quite sure how it works. I would be fine if only the YEAR was displayed. I have the interface settings set to display the info I want on the Touch.
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-10 at 07:17.

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Thanks Erland

I now have TRACKNUM displaying correctly. I am still not getting YEAR or BITRATE to display (they display as YEAR rather than an actual year, ie 1973). I know in the wiki there is a description of using the VARIOUS settings in Custom Clock Helper to allow extra items to display but I am not quite sure how it works. I would be fine if only the YEAR was displayed. I have the interface settings set to display the info I want on the Touch.
    What you need to do is:
    1. In LMS Settings/Interface make sure you specify a title format: YEAR
    (You don't have to select it with the radio buttons, it's enough to just define it)
    2. In LMS Settings/Advanced/Custom Clock Helper/Various Settings, enter YEAR in the "Title formats" field and save.
    (If it works, YEAR should be saved and you should get a second empty line beside the "Title formats" field after saving)

After this, YEAR should be changed to 1973. I'm not sure it will update immediately after you have saved in point 2, I think it updates when the track is changed on the player.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Theoretically you should be able to repeat the process for BITRATE and add a row for BITRATE in point 1 and 2 too, but I'm not sure it's going to give you what you want because the BITRATE title format seems to be presented as "997635" instead of "997 kbps" when I look at it in my own setup.

I haven't any luck yet Erland. When I enter YEAR into title format of Various and save settings I don't see the usual indicator at the top of the screen indicating " Changes have been saved. ". I am not sure if this is the problem but I am still getting the track information showing YEAR rather than the actual numerical value.

I have added the Clockhelper settings in an attachment and screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-12 at 10:50.

Two SB Radios wireless