Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: DLink DNS-323

DLink DNS-323

I Have just setup a Squeeze box duet on my home network. The network is using a DNS-323 NAS to store all of my music files. How can I setup the DNS-323 to run squeezecentre as I would prefer not to run the windows PC just to use the squeeze box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick2344 View Post
    I Have just setup a Squeeze box duet on my home network. The network is using a DNS-323 NAS to store all of my music files. How can I setup the DNS-323 to run squeezecentre as I would prefer not to run the windows PC just to use the squeeze box.
    http://www.inreto.de/dns323/squeezecenter-funplug/

for more info http://wiki.dns323.info/ and http://forum.dsmg600.info/viewforum.php?id=3

Thanks Raven22. Sorry to sound stupid. I have looked at the links and it involves installing two files on the DNS_323. Fun_Plug and Fun-Plug.tgz. The .tgz file is downloadable as a zipped file and I am clear as to what to do with this i.e. place downloaded file onto volume 1 of the DNS 323. But the Fun_Plug file is not downloadable as a file but just a page of text. What do I do with this. Do I copy the text file and paste into volume 1. Please can you advise as I am not too clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick2344 View Post
    Thanks Raven22. Sorry to sound stupid. I have looked at the links and it involves installing two files on the DNS_323. Fun_Plug and Fun-Plug.tgz. The .tgz file is downloadable as a zipped file and I am clear as to what to do with this i.e. place downloaded file onto volume 1 of the DNS 323. But the Fun_Plug file is not downloadable as a file but just a page of text. What do I do with this. Do I copy the text file and paste into volume 1. Please can you advise as I am not too clear.
    when you right click the funplug file you should be able to download it. Download both files, make sure that windows (if you use this) keeps the .tgz extension as it is. Put both files in the root directory of your first drive in the nas (the right slot when looking at it).
    Then restart the nas and everything wil be installed automagically. One warning though, SC will run quite slow, it can take a few minutes before the webinterface becomes available.

Thanks alot Raven22 for your help and fast response.I will try this out.

All Fine but..

I have successfully performed the installation of fonz' fantastic turnkey solution to this common task and I have gone on to....
    1) Use the funplug admin at <IP>:90 to start telnet etc...
    2) Start Squeezecenter at <IP>:900 ...but...

when I use the browse button to point SC to the playlists and music folders to scan into the library, it only offers the subdirectories under \ffp. The directory that contains my music is at the same level as ffp (under Volume_1).

Could someone explain me how to point to a directory outside \ffp. I am a complete novice with my only experience being strapped to a sun system with unix commands over 20 years ago...! so please offer command lines I could copy into my telnet session...Ta