Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Gadfly, Former Founder Slim Devices dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,427

    Synchronization works nicely with the Radio

    That sounds like "Pan".


    On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:07 AM, pacc wrote:

    >
    > Mono, Left channel or right channel selections.
    > I don't think you will need anything more user-friendly than that
    > until the stereo bundles hits the stores
    >
    > I'll wait until the 7.1 bundle arrives since I just bought another
    > Boom...
    >
    >
    > --
    > pacc
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > pacc's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32312
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67951
    >
    >

  2. #12
    Gadfly, Former Founder Slim Devices dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,427

    Synchronization works nicely with the Radio

    Or, "Balance", rather.

    Both would be useful, I'd say.


    On Sep 18, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Dean Blackketter wrote:

    > That sounds like "Pan".
    >
    >
    > On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:07 AM, pacc wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Mono, Left channel or right channel selections.
    >> I don't think you will need anything more user-friendly than that
    >> until the stereo bundles hits the stores
    >>
    >> I'll wait until the 7.1 bundle arrives since I just bought another
    >> Boom...
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> pacc
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> pacc's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32312
    >> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?
    >> t=67951
    >>
    >>

  3. #13
    Senior Member pfarrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wayne, PA
    Posts
    4,251

    Synchronization works nicely with the Radio

    Dean Blackketter wrote:
    > That sounds like "Pan".


    Oh boy, I want to see Caleb and the boys eyes when you tell them that
    they have to implement the proper 3dB rolloff curve to reflect the gain
    you see when both are working together, and the proper proportion as the
    pan knob is swept from side to side.

    --
    Pat Farrell
    http://www.pfarrell.com/


  4. #14
    Logitech Squeezebox Employee
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    Dean Blackketter wrote:
    > That sounds like "Pan".


    Oh boy, I want to see Caleb and the boys eyes when you tell them that
    they have to implement the proper 3dB rolloff curve to reflect the gain
    you see when both are working together, and the proper proportion as the
    pan knob is swept from side to side.

    --
    Pat Farrell
    http://www.pfarrell.com/
    Do tell! What is the right rolloff curve. Sounds like fun ;-)
    Caleb Crome
    Sr. Hardware Engineer
    Logitech SMBU (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

    The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. -William Gibson

  5. #15
    Logitech Harmony Employee Keymaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    337
    The curve towards the "-3db in the middle" would depend on the device, I would think, but the value of -3db when panned in the center is a constant...I would think...

    Please don't feed me to the wolves if I'm mistaken....

    I'm nervous about clicking "submit reply"....LOL

  6. #16
    Logitech Squeezebox Employee
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Keymaster View Post
    The curve towards the "-3db in the middle" would depend on the device, I would think, but the value of -3db when panned in the center is a constant...I would think...

    Please don't feed me to the wolves if I'm mistaken....

    I'm nervous about clicking "submit reply"....LOL
    Ah, is this just a gain thing? The idea's to keep the total energy the same when you pan left-center-right. That's simple. I thought there was some psychoacoustic effect of having 2 speakers where you'd want to add some bass or something.

    Keeping total energy constant is trivial. End up at +3dB at each extreme, and 0dB in the middle.

    -Caleb
    Caleb Crome
    Sr. Hardware Engineer
    Logitech SMBU (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

    The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. -William Gibson

  7. #17
    a very little question:

    What is the artist - song that plays in the video?

    /Hans, Sweden

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DiSNEYN View Post
    a very little question:

    What is the artist - song that plays in the video?

    /Hans, Sweden
    I found it!
    dixie chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •