Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Carrying assistance?

Is that indent in the back of the Radio at the top to help you carry it around? One of the things that was really missing from the Boom (IMO) was some kind of carrying handle.

Logitech Harmony Employee Keymaster's Avatar
    It sure is!!

Great... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Is that indent in the back of the Radio at the top to help you carry it around? One of the things that was really missing from the Boom (IMO) was some kind of carrying handle.
    Yes it is, and it works very well. It's more hand-friendly than the Boom's indentation, and of course the SB Radio is smaller and lighter, which also makes carrying easier.

I think the indentation in the back of the Boom works fine as a carrying handle. If you rotate your wrist just a bit so that the face of the Boom is facing slightly up it's a good, secure way to carry it. For a firm grip you should also take the Boom remote out of its little indentation on the top.

Yes. Radio carries well using the finger tip slot at the top. Don't have a battery yet, so don't know if that extra weight is going to change my opinion of how well it will carry.

Boom carries great by putting ones thumb on the top (Snooze Button area) and 3 or 4 fingers into the indention where the power connector is. Granted its not made for kids hands, but then again, children shouldn't be carrying anybody's Boom around in my opinion.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Thanks all. I didn't even realize that was meant to be a carrying point on the Boom, actually... but I can see how it would work pretty well without the remote in place. Will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I think the indentation in the back of the Boom works fine as a carrying handle. If you rotate your wrist just a bit so that the face of the Boom is facing slightly up it's a good, secure way to carry it. For a firm grip you should also take the Boom remote out of its little indentation on the top.
    I have carried my Boom in and out to the pool for two summers now and *only* dropped it twice. Both times I caught it against the little platform where I put it, so there was no serious damage, just a scratch on the back of one (now mounted in the kitchen), and a slightly dented grill on the other. Actually, both times I dropped it, it was not while carrying, but when repositioning it to put it up on the platform where I have to plug it in.

I haven't tried the Radio poolside yet, but I don't think it will be loud enough to compete with the filter pump and the color screen would probably be harder to read.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Thanks all. I didn't even realize that was meant to be a carrying point on the Boom, actually... but I can see how it would work pretty well without the remote in place. Will give it a try.
    I don't think it is, it's an indent for the rear connectors, but it does work well as a carrying handle indent.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet