Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Customer Browse - Problem adding Menu

I have a Duet system running on a Netgear ReadyNas Duo

I downloaded the Customer Browse plugin 2 months ago and set it up work properly...Excellent

The feature I have used is the 'Artist by Letter' menu option, and was able to replace the standard ' Artist' in the top menu.

No I have some problems.
    After resetting the system due to change of WLAN encryption set up, I have they overall system up and running......the only thing I have lost is the earlier added Customer Browse menu.

The 'Artist by Letter' menu disappeared.

I have tried to reload the Customer Browser plugin .. to try to start from scratch...worked fine............. and the following happens when I tried to add the 'Artist by Letter' menu.

I go to 'Manage Menus'
    select 'Create New Menu'
    Select 'Artist by Letter' menu which I find under category 'Latest version of builtin menus'
    The template appears
    Why try to add/save the following error message appear:
    'No Customer dir configured'

What has happend with my 'Artist by Letter' menu and how can I fix this?

/PW
    (Heja Sverige)

You will need to point the "Browse configuration directory" parameter in the Custom Browse main settings page to a directory where you want your Custom Browse menu configurations to be stored. It's set to the playlist directory by default, but I suppose you might not have a playlist directory configured. It's recommended to point it somewhere outside the SqueezeCenter installation dir so it doesn't get deleted by accident during upgrades or re-installations.

You might need to restart SqueezeCenter for the changes to take effect.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets