Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Display camera picture on the SB Radio?

I was wondering if someone had any idea if the SB Radio (or the SB Touch)
    will be able to display camera feed, for example from the Logitech Video security system.

I am assuming quite a few people will have a SB Radio / Touch in their bedroom. In case of a suspect noise (inside or outside) it would be great to be able to visualize a video feed without having to navigate to a computer.

Just a though..

[QUOTE=dcontis;456163]I was wondering if someone had any idea if the SB Radio (or the SB Touch)
    will be able to display camera feed, for example from the Logitech Video security system.[QUOTE]

Someone else on this forum quoted a Logitech tech or sales person, saying that such a thing is theoretically possible.

That said, whether such a thing will happen...

The Logitech Wilife Video Security System is based on Homeplugs (Powerline). The Touch has a USB port, so you could connect a USB Homeplug adapter to that. The Touch will need to supprt the USB Homeplug adapter though, using a driver. Then it would also need to be able to pull the videostream from the Wilife cameras.

The Wilife system is a closed source system, so if this is going to happen it will have to be done by Logitech. Unless they publish the specs etc. (which would be really nice).
    Squeezebox Controller (fw r6038) + Squeezebox Receiver (fw 62) + 1TB fileserver, Windows XP SP3, running SqueezeCenter 7.3.4

Download SC 7.3.4 from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3