Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Stream personal broadcast point?

I want to use the squeezebox radio as a baby monitor system. I installed a logitech webcam (9000) up to baby crib to monitor my baby and made this streaming via windows media service (mms protocol like mms://myhomeserver:8080/baby) so that I can see/hear my baby anywhere.

My question is that I can use the squeezebox radio as a windows media streaming client. I read it supports any internet radio for WMA but I am not sure I can put an WM publishing point URL like
    mms://myhomeserver:8080/baby on it.

Thanks,
    Yong

There is a "tune into url" on the SC web interface (under Internet Radio). Paste the URL into that. If it works you can add it as a favourite.

It sounds like this is a video stream? You may need to have an audio only stream?
    Louis
    Last.fm

Do not use the mms protocol - it is not supported by the players - use http as the transport protocol. As an alternative you can probably use VLC to create a MP3 http stream.

The URL works with favorites on my Squeezebox account

The URL works with favorites on my Squeezebox account. Does it guarantee the SB radio will be able to stream it?

I'm not sure what you mean by "works with favorites on my Squeezebox account" but if it can play through a Squeezebox or SqueezePlay device from www.squeezenetwork.com or a locally-installed SqueezeCenter then yes, it will play on Radio.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

streaming audio source

Hi

I'd like to be able to stream the audio feed from my satellite receiver so that I can listen on my Squeezebox. Does anyone know how to do this?

I was wondering if I could connect my satellite receiver to the line-in connection on my PC soundcard and stream the audio feed from the PC?

Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by choyk1 View Post
    The URL works with favorites on my Squeezebox account. Does it guarantee the SB radio will be able to stream it?
    If you mean that you have successfully added it to the favourites, but not yet tried to play it, then no it isn't a guarantee that it will actually play.
    Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
    I SAID ALL OF THEM !

Quote Originally Posted by dubourg View Post
    I was wondering if I could connect my satellite receiver to the line-in connection on my PC soundcard and stream the audio feed from the PC?
    If the PC is the one running SqueezeCenter, then yes you can, using the Wave Input plugin.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WaveInput_plugin

If the PC isn't running SC then you should be able to use something line VLC to create an end point to stream the audio from.
    Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
    I SAID ALL OF THEM !

Thanks I'll give the Waveinput plugin a try!