Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How to port and test applets for 7.4 ?

Hi there,

I recently wrote a small applet for headphone switching, testet it in SqueezePlay, moved it to a 7.3 controller and everything works nice

Now I try it out on 7.4 (pushed it to the controller) and it isn't working anymore
    I still can see an entry on the main menu, but the submenus are not working anymore.

I'm a bit helpless currently, can anyone answer the following questions:
    1) is there an overview of obvious changes, that have to be done to existing applets ?
    2) How would I test an applet currently, without uploading it to the controller all the time. SqueezePlay doesn't seem to exist in a 7.4 version.
    3) Can anyone help me with my current problem [edit: solved in the meantime]:

In /var/log/messages I can see some messages:
    Code:
    Aug 28 22:36:18 squeezeplay: ERROR  squeezeplay.applets - AppletManager.lua:470 Error while loading applet Headphones:/usr/share/jive/jive/utils/log.lua:75: attempt to index upvalue 'log' (a nil value)
    If I look at the new applets I'm also aware that lines like
    Code:
    local log = require("jive.utils.log").logger("applets.screensavers")
    are not used anymore.

Just to make sure I didn't make a mistake, I took the Wake-On-Lan-applet (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...zePlay_Applets) which worked very good with 7.3. Now under 7.4 it shows similar effects (top-level menuitems appear, but then errors start and I won't get into submenus).

So - if anyone can tell me how this simple applet needs to be changed I'll be able to change my own as well.
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2009-08-30 at 15:35.

Question 1 + 2 stay open
    question 3 went into a bug report: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13776

anyone for question 1+2 ?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Could you please open SVN for jive again and publish current SqueezPlay-Builds, now that the Touch + Radio are 'released'.

I saw a squeezplay in erlands screenshots, which pretty much looks like a 7.4 version (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...20&postcount=1), which I'm just not able to get a hand on.

Plugin-/Applet-life is so complicated without it
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Could you please open SVN for jive again and publish current SqueezPlay-Builds, now that the Touch + Radio are 'released'.
    Yes, soon. We're heads down working on Radio at the moment so it's ready for release. Moving the private branch to be public will cause a little disruption for the team, so it needs to be done at a convenient time. We should be able to get a desktop build published, I'll see what can be arranged this week.

Once Radio is ready to ship we should also have a little more time to respond to questions on the forums.

Richard