Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    The IR interface on the Squeebox Radio and the Squeezebox Touch are no better than they are on the SB3. Jerky, slow and unpredictable.
    No better? That description sounds actually worse. I use the IR remote on my SB3 a lot and find it smooth, fast and consistent. Are the IR receivers on these new devices no good?

Quote Originally Posted by rickwookie View Post
    No better? That description sounds actually worse. I use the IR remote on my SB3 a lot and find it smooth, fast and consistent. Are the IR receivers on these new devices no good?
    No worse. I've never liked the IR interface on the older players. Works OK for volume and short lists, but scrolling long lists has always sucked.

It's worth pointing out that the software on the beta units is still exactly that IR interface is still a work in progress as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    No worse. I've never liked the IR interface on the older players. Works OK for volume and short lists, but scrolling long lists has always sucked.
    Hmmm, yeah scrolling isn't the best on the SB3, mostly though in my opinion due to the fact that you only have a couple of lines on the display so you can't 'look ahead' as you scroll.

You do have a lot of short-cuts though with the IR remote, including jumping to letters in lists and having a kind of keyboard with the number pad.