Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Tweet this album/song option?

I read an article today talking about the Sonos controllers recent feature that allows you to tweet out what song you are listening to.
    I, quite often, get excited by a song/album that I'm listening to, and end up heading over to Facebook to tell my friends just how awesome it is (I have more friends on FB than Twitter).
    So, I think it's an awesome feature.
    Is there any chance of a plugin coming out that allows you to post the current album or song (I'd prefer album, but I imagine some people/situations would prefer song) you are listening to Twitter and/or Facebook? I was thinking there could just be a "Share this" option in the Extras menu that allows you to select song/album/artist and service to share it on. Maybe even personalise the message, but that would start getting complicated. Maybe there could be a web interface where you could customise the different templates for Twitter/Facebook and song/album/artist?
    I know I can share all my listening habits over last.fm, but I don't use their service/have many friends that do, and I'd only want to share the creme de la creme, so to speak.
    I think it would also be a cool way for Logitech to promote brand awareness (and maybe even get into trending topics...?) with all these "squeezebox" themed tweets appearing.
    Your thoughts?
    Active: 1x Transporter | 1x Classic | 1x Boom | 1x Receiver | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, 7" touch screen (IQAudio DAC+ now deprecated in favour of Receiver) | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    Deprecated (awaiting a bigger house): 1x Classic | 1x Boom | 1x Receiver | 2x Controllers (aka the dark and terrible things that shall not be used again)
    LMS v7.9.2 running as a Docker in Unraid on a HP MicroServer gen8
    4638 albums with 38525 songs by 8204 artists - and always growing

Try loving a track on last.fm then use: http://lastfmlovetweet.com/

Another way is if you have friendfeed you can make it tweet all the feeds coming into it including last.fm loved tracks.

But what about a twitter plugin for SC. Flashes tweets on your sb? If you follow to many people you'll have to limit it to certain users though.
    Louis
    Last.fm

We already have a Facebook app in Squeezebox Server 7.4. Besides announcing what you are listening to on Fb, you can also read your feeds from your SB players and view pictures on players that have a color screen. When you announce what you're listening to, it lets you choose song, album, or just artist name.

I suspect a Twitter app is not far off.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

I use twitterfeed to post my recently played tracks (using the Last.fm RSS feed) - however I have it set up to run every 12 hours, and only one track gets posted each time. Figure that's a reasonable balance between putting up music you like against filling up people's feed with info they don't want or need.

A Twitter app was raised when the Facebook app went into beta testing. The response from one of the devs was that it there will probably be a Twitter app at some point in the future, but Facebook was the marketing department's preference (which makes sense imo - even allowing for Twitter's amazing growth in recent months, Facebook is the largest social network).
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    I use twitterfeed to post my recently played tracks (using the Last.fm RSS feed) - however I have it set up to run every 12 hours, and only one track gets posted each time. Figure that's a reasonable balance between putting up music you like against filling up people's feed with info they don't want or need.
    Ooo, I might have to copy that idea. I always thought you were manually tweeting your listens when the mood struck.
    Sue

You can also use twitterfeed to just auto tweet your loved tracks.
    Louis
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
    We already have a Facebook app in Squeezebox Server 7.4. Besides announcing what you are listening to on Fb, you can also read your feeds from your SB players and view pictures on players that have a color screen. When you announce what you're listening to, it lets you choose song, album, or just artist name.

I suspect a Twitter app is not far off.
    Yay! And I'm v. happy that you can choose between song/album/artist, too.
    I look forward to 7.4
    Active: 1x Transporter | 1x Classic | 1x Boom | 1x Receiver | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, 7" touch screen (IQAudio DAC+ now deprecated in favour of Receiver) | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    Deprecated (awaiting a bigger house): 1x Classic | 1x Boom | 1x Receiver | 2x Controllers (aka the dark and terrible things that shall not be used again)

Quote Originally Posted by lrossouw View Post
    You can also use twitterfeed to just auto tweet your loved tracks.
    I couldn't find a feed for the loved tracks. But I probably wouldn't use it anyway since I do some many accidental loves.
    Sue

A bare-bones Twitter app (posting only) is probably a few hours' work, tops. But I can't really do that without Marketing's blessing as I need a nice icon, text for the site, etc. If there's enough time left after other stuff I'll see what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    A bare-bones Twitter app (posting only) is probably a few hours' work, tops. But I can't really do that without Marketing's blessing as I need a nice icon, text for the site, etc. If there's enough time left after other stuff I'll see what can be done.
    Wow! Thanks!