Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power consumption for Radio

Just in case anyone's interested, I measured the power consumption of the SB Radio at 2W while "off" and around 4W while playing loudly.

Radio question...

Quote Originally Posted by radish View Post
    Just in case anyone's interested, I measured the power consumption of the SB Radio at 2W while "off" and around 4W while playing loudly.
    Thanks for that info. May I ask a few more questions?

First, how does the rechargable pack integrate in the unit and just so I don't misunderstand, this is a mono speaker set up, right?

Thanks,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    First, how does the rechargable pack integrate in the unit and just so I don't misunderstand, this is a mono speaker set up, right?
    The battery fits internally, there is a hatch on the bottom with a large screw to close it (it's made so you can use a coin if you want, I managed to open mine with a USB pen and close it with a SD card ).

Yes it is mono, although there are two speakers for different frequencies. Just like one half of a Boom.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
    In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

There's a panel on the bottom (I think you can see it in some of those FCC photos) which you can remove to insert the battery. It's closed with a screw, so I'd consider it a fairly permanent installation (although removable if you really need to).

The speaker setup is one tweeter, one mid/bass. So yes, 2-way mono. There's a stereo headphone jack though.

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    mono setup, multi-driver.

Battery compartment is accessible from the bottom. The exact look and fit of the battery pack is known by very few at this time. Only the latest hardware will work with them

Thanks folks...

One and all :-)

For a small radio for use in places this device is meant for (bedside, kitchen, deck, etc) I actually prefer mono setup. Particular for a bedside clock/radio use. You really are not getting stereo sound from two speakers 6in apart place directly to ONE-SIDE of your listening position .

Seriously considering this little guy for my nightstand.

Anyone know what the expected battery life is?

Battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    Anyone know what the expected battery life is?
    I think it was the press release that said 6 hours, but that would depend on whtehr you ran it wireless and how much you used the LCD I would think...

Howard

m1abrams...

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
    For a small radio for use in places this device is meant for (bedside, kitchen, deck, etc) I actually prefer mono setup. Particular for a bedside clock/radio use. You really are not getting stereo sound from two speakers 6in apart place directly to ONE-SIDE of your listening position .

Seriously considering this little guy for my nightstand.
    You're right of course. I think you might get better coverage (dispersion)though out of two drivers.

Howard