Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Internet radio; Connection timed out

I've searched here and Googled this problem but I really can't find any answers ...at least any with any workable explanation or follow up.
    I just got my V3 and while it plays my music files just fine, I cannot play internet radio at all. All I get are "connection timed out" messages. I even get that message when I try the station Squeezebox suggests in the set up.
    While I'm a bit more tech literate than the average Joe, I may be missing something simple.

I have the Classic V3, a Lynksis :"G" router, the SRware Iron browser and a DSL connection.

Thanks

I had this problem a week ago and saw a few other posts on this (although the subject topics are hard to search...a variety of topics with same essential problem). My issue was that all of a sudden my internet radio on SC no longer worked. Turned out that it said my ID/password for Squeezenetwork (within SC) wasn't being accepted (all out of the blue by the way and not actually connected with my SN account which works fine on SN). The technical explanation has to do with something related to DNS, addresses, the boot process of PC vs when SC starts, etc. Bottom line, for me and some others was that downloading 7.3.4 version of SC and installing solved all problems (note 7.3.4 NOT 7.4!).

see, for example, this link:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...internet+radio
    Last edited by garym; 2009-08-30 at 16:06.

Thanks a lot. I'll try this when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I had this problem a week ago and saw a few other posts on this (although the subject topics are hard to search...a variety of topics with same essential problem). My issue was that all of a sudden my internet radio on SC no longer worked. Turned out that it said my ID/password for Squeezenetwork (within SC) wasn't being accepted (all out of the blue by the way and not actually connected with my SN account which works fine on SN). The technical explanation has to do with something related to DNS, addresses, the boot process of PC vs when SC starts, etc. Bottom line, for me and some others was that downloading 7.3.4 version of SC and installing solved all problems (note 7.3.4 NOT 7.4!).

see, for example, this link:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...internet+radio