Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Perl errors on Squeezecenter startup (perl58.dll, XP)

Lately, every time I boot my PC (SC is configured to start automatically), I get three error messages, all associated with the perl58.dll library, and squeezecenter does not start. I have to exit the SC app in the tray, and when I restart the app manually, squeezecenter works normally.

The first error message say something about "perl_newXS_flash" if I remember correctly, when I click OK on this, I get the exact same error a second time. After OK'ing tat one, the third box says something about "perl siv" or similar (I'm sorry, I really should have noted the exact wording..) After this, SC is not running and I have to exit and restart the app, as I said.

I have emptied and rescanned my library, just in case, but there is no change. The errors are - incredibly - NOT in the error.log ... :-S

This is my configuration:
    Version: 7.3.3 - 27044 @ Mon Jun 15 15:14:08 PDT 2009
    Hostname: cerebrum
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.39
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Anyone recognize this? Have any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by paal_b View Post
    Lately, every time I boot my PC (SC is configured to start automatically), I get three error messages, all associated with the perl58.dll library, and squeezecenter does not start. I have to exit the SC app in the tray, and when I restart the app manually, squeezecenter works normally.

The first error message say something about "perl_newXS_flash" if I remember correctly, when I click OK on this, I get the exact same error a second time. After OK'ing tat one, the third box says something about "perl siv" or similar (I'm sorry, I really should have noted the exact wording..) After this, SC is not running and I have to exit and restart the app, as I said.

I have emptied and rescanned my library, just in case, but there is no change. The errors are - incredibly - NOT in the error.log ... :-S

This is my configuration:
    Version: 7.3.3 - 27044 @ Mon Jun 15 15:14:08 PDT 2009
    Hostname: cerebrum
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.39
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Anyone recognize this? Have any tips?

Hi, it is incredible that logitech do not log the solution for this. Somewhere here I got the tip to scan and delete my library for .pdk files in some temp library. This I did and it has worked since. There was one pdk file this I couldnt delete (3660 or something). Dont use this info to do this, but scan for edesilva (a user name) who gave good advice on this. Good luck !

I think it is this bug - see comment 11
    https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12428

Please download and install 7.3.4 http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3 It should behave much better.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Thanks for the tips!

I'm installing 7.3.4 from the nightly builds, and will report back on progress. :-)

Here are the exact error messages, in case someone else is searching the forums for answers:

perl_newXS_flags "procedure start point not found in dynamic link library", perl58.dll

Perl_sv_2iv_flags "procedure start point not found in dynamic link library", perl58.dll

(part in quotes translated from error message which is in Norwegian on my system)

After installing 7.3.4 from the nightly builds, the errors have disappeared! Thank you! :-)