Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokersut View Post
    Me again - I'm having trouble assigning IR commands to buttons.

Here is what I have:

Code:
    #LOC ; TYPE ; TITLE ; POPUP_PRESS	; POPUP_HOLD ; DATA_PRESS ; DATA_HOLD
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_PLAY ; ON ; ; DENON:135:124:37,,,,,,,,,,,,DENON:135:124:155 ; 
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_STOP ; ; OFF ;  ; -DENON:135:124:200
    I want it to turn on my NAD and switch to AUX when I press the Play button and turn off the NAD when I press KEY_REW and KEY_FWD together - but nothing happens.

Am I missing something obvious?
    In DENON, all parameters must be 3 digits. SqueezeIR is not very clever and if it doesn't like the look of the file it just crashes out. A future release will have error trapping but I don't know how to do it yet. I'm also thinking of changing the config file to xml. So, try
    Code:
    #LOC ; TYPE ; TITLE ; POPUP_PRESS	; POPUP_HOLD ; DATA_PRESS ; DATA_HOLD
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_PLAY ; ON ; ; DENON:135:124:037,,,,,,,,,,,,DENON:135:124:155 ; 
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_STOP ; ; OFF ;  ; -DENON:135:124:200

Quote Originally Posted by indifference_engine View Post
    In DENON, all parameters must be 3 digits.
    I don't think that's the problem - the same IR codes work when I set TYPE = ACTION, but not when I set TYPE = KEY.

Just to make sure, I have tried your suggestion, but still no luck - as far as I can see, no IR commands are being sent when I try to issue the commands with a button (the power led on the NAD flashes briefly whenever it receives a command, and in this case it doesn't do anything).

Any other suggestions? Shouldn't it be possible to just change TYPE from ACTION to KEY and then specify which key in the TITLE column?

New version!!!

RC2 (BETA) Has arrived and is obtainable from the attachment on the first post in this thread.

Changes since the last release (RC1) are:
    - PAN_NEW Protocol amended to send once code twice for reliability. This may be part of the protocol spec?
    - SqueezeIRData.txt changed from UNIX format (Lf line termination) to DOS format (CrLf line termination).
    - RAW_HEX Protocol renamed to NATIVE to prevent confusion with other "raw hex" formats (eg pronto). ** SEE NOTE.
    - LIRC Protocol added to support some SPACE_ENC codes from the LIRC database.
    - Versioning applied to SqueezeIRData.txt for future-proofing.
    - Screensaver can be left as is, disabled or enabled via SqueezeIR.txt.
    - Menu transition speeds and popup times have been optimised.
    - Fixed bug where simultaneous key presses (eg KEY_VOLUME_MUTE) were sending the individual key codes aswell.
    - Fixed bug where lower case version of protocol name wouldn't work.
    - Fixed bug where white-space in certain places in SqueezeIR.txt wasn't being ignored.
    - Fixed bug where sounds stopped working after coming out of a sub-menu.
    - Fixed bug that could arise if a 'MENU' or 'ACTION' type had a TITLE that was numerically equivalent to a KEY_CODE.
    - Included SqueezeIR.txt config file renamed to SqueezeIR.sample.txt to prevent overwriting the users' version.
    - Removed system-generated suffixes to pupup text.

** NB: If you have used "RAW_HEX" in your SqueezeIR.txt file thn you must replace all instances of it with "NATIVE".

Good luck!
    Last edited by indifference_engine; 2009-08-25 at 15:49.

I don't think that's the problem - the same IR codes work when I set TYPE = ACTION, but not when I set TYPE = KEY.

Just to make sure, I have tried your suggestion, but still no luck - as far as I can see, no IR commands are being sent when I try to issue the commands with a button (the power led on the NAD flashes briefly whenever it receives a command, and in this case it doesn't do anything).

Any other suggestions? Shouldn't it be possible to just change TYPE from ACTION to KEY and then specify which key in the TITLE column?
    It should have been a problem!
    Other than the missing 0 your lines look OK.
    Try RC2 - I did discover a few niggling bugs with key handling that cropped up under certain circumstances. Remember to backup your SqueezeIRData.txt file first, before trampling the SqueezeIR folder on your SBC with the new one! Also included is your request to re-enable the screensaver. Just put 'SCREENSAVER -1' on its own line into SqueezeIR.txt (-1 = leave screensaver setting as is, 0=disable whilst in SqueezeIR, 1=enable whilt in SqueezeIR - even if disabled elsewhere)

It should have been a problem!
    Other than the missing 0 your lines look OK.
    Try RC2 - I did discover a few niggling bugs with key handling that cropped up under certain circumstances.
    Tried it - but still no luck!

I have also tried it with the new LIRC protocol, but that doesn't work either. Strangely, though, when I assign an IR-command to a button (e.g. Play), it loses it's original function - and I did remember to put an '@' in front of the DATA_PRESS command.

So status as of now is that this works (dang, those LIRC codes are long ...!):

Code:
    ROOT ; ACTION ; ON/OFF ; ON ; OFF ; LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xA45B:16:100,,,,,,,,,,,,LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xD926:16:100  ; LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0x13EC:16:100
    but this doesn't:

Code:
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_PLAY ; ON ; ; @LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xA45B:16:100,,,,,,,,,,,,LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xD926:16:100 ;
    The only difference between them is that TYPE changes from ACTION to KEY, and TITLE changes accordingly. Also, the DATA_HOLD command is removed from the KEY command.

Any idea why this does not work?

Remember to backup your SqueezeIRData.txt file first, before trampling the SqueezeIR folder on your SBC with the new one!
    And also the strings.txt file (it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to re-create that one, but still)

Also included is your request to re-enable the screensaver. Just put 'SCREENSAVER -1' on its own line into SqueezeIR.txt (-1 = leave screensaver setting as is, 0=disable whilst in SqueezeIR, 1=enable whilt in SqueezeIR - even if disabled elsewhere)
    Cool - thanks!

Tried it - but still no luck!

I have also tried it with the new LIRC protocol, but that doesn't work either. Strangely, though, when I assign an IR-command to a button (e.g. Play), it loses it's original function - and I did remember to put an '@' in front of the DATA_PRESS command.

So status as of now is that this works (dang, those LIRC codes are long ...!):

Code:
    ROOT ; ACTION ; ON/OFF ; ON ; OFF ; LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xA45B:16:100,,,,,,,,,,,,LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xD926:16:100  ; LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0x13EC:16:100
    but this doesn't:

Code:
    ROOT ; KEY ; KEY_PLAY ; ON ; ; @LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xA45B:16:100,,,,,,,,,,,,LIRC:35000:9038:4332:675:1556:675:454:662:0xE13E:16:0xD926:16:100 ;
    The only difference between them is that TYPE changes from ACTION to KEY, and TITLE changes accordingly. Also, the DATA_HOLD command is removed from the KEY command.

Any idea why this does not work?

And also the strings.txt file (it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to re-create that one, but still)

Cool - thanks!
    I didn't think the LIRC commands would work if the hex parameters still had the '0x' bit at the start but I stand corrected - the SBC must be cleverer than I thought!
    Your lines should work, I tried them on my system (had to replace your ir commands with something my kit would recognise and it worked fine although I didn't have the '@' prefix. I'll try it with that later tonight. Is it just the play key that doesn't work or does everything in SqueezeIR stop working when you put that line into your file? What happens if you use a different key (KEY_HOME for example)? Without sounding stupid, but just to make sure, the play key is the one with the right-arrow on it, top right of the wheel.

Can you put the line 'DEBUG 1' into your squeezeirdata.txt and try again, then PM me the log file from the SBC? I forget where the log file is stored exactly but will find out.

The LIRC codes are long but need to encapsulate all the protocol information aswell as the actual codes hence the number of parameters needed, and the reason why 'proper' protocols are better (but only if you know them) as a lot of the info can be coded into the applet.

Why do you say you need to backup stings.txt? Have I forgotten to include it with RC2?
    Last edited by indifference_engine; 2009-08-26 at 06:54.

I didn't think the LIRC commands would work if the hex parameters still had the '0x' bit at the start but I stand corrected - the SBC must be cleverer than I thought!
    You learn something new every day :-D

Your lines should work, I tried them on my system (had to replace your ir commands with something my kit would recognise and it worked fine although I didn't have the '@' prefix. I'll try it with that later tonight. Is it just the play key that doesn't work or does everything in SqueezeIR stop working when you put that line into your file?
    I have taken the lines out of the file again, but as far as I remember, the buttons that I had tried to assign IR-commands to lost their original function.

What happens if you use a different key (KEY_HOME for example)?
    Same thing - I tried to assign the IR command to all the buttons, but none of them worked.

Without sounding stupid, but just to make sure, the play key is the one with the right-arrow on it, top right of the wheel.
    Yep, that's the one!

Can you put the line 'DEBUG 1' into your squeezeirdata.txt and try again, then PM me the log file from the SBC? I forget where the log file is stored exactly but will find out.
    Will do that later tonight.

The LIRC codes are long but need to encapsulate all the protocol information aswell as the actual codes hence the number of parameters needed, and the reason why 'proper' protocols are better (but only if you know them) as a lot of the info can be coded into the applet.
    I understand that. Maybe you could make a section where one could input all the constant values from LIRC ...?

Why do you say you need to backup stings.txt? Have I forgotten to include it with RC2?
    I guess I wasn't being clear: I had edited my strings.txt to include Danish translations. When I upgrade, these changes will be overwritten, unless I had a backup :-D

I understand that. Maybe you could make a section where one could input all the constant values from LIRC ...?
    I would like a GUI to make creating the config file easier but I think that would be better suited to a SqueezeCenter plugin or even a seperate stand-alone app. I don't think it's appropriate for the SBC (limited screen size, few types of controls etc). The screensaver option though would be good to have as an option within the SqueezeIR menus.

I guess I wasn't being clear: I had edited my strings.txt to include Danish translations. When I upgrade, these changes will be overwritten, unless I had a backup :-D
    Let me have it and I'll put the translations into the "official" release (and credit you).

Pokersut,
    I've had a thought - what version of the SBC firmware are you using? Go to settings>Advanced>About and look at the version. Mine is 7.3 r6038.
    I have tried the lines that you have posted every which way and it just works for me but I think they may have changed the way keys work in version 7.4. As it's still in beta I am not using it yet but if you are then it may explain everything.

If that is the issue then it may be a while before I get a 7.4 compliant version knocked up.

Pokersut,
    I've had a thought - what version of the SBC firmware are you using? Go to settings>Advanced>About and look at the version. Mine is 7.3 r6038.
    So is mine - so that's not the problem :-(