Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nbkelvin
    • Jan 2009

iTunes Update on a Mac

I recently purchased an iMac and have successfully set up Squeezecenter to run as it did on my PC, except that I cannot make iTunes Update work.

(I have used the extension downloader to add Trackstat, Custom Scan, iTunes Update, etc.)

I have read James Craig's instructions, which explain the need to install Mac::Applescript::Glue

Unfortunately, my Mac did not come with the OSX DVD, so I cannot install 'Developer Tools' and hence cannot install Perl modules Mac::Applescript:Glue

I am a complete beginner when it comes to Macs. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  • Craig, James
    • Apr 2005

iTunes Update on a Mac

It looks to me like you can join up as an Apple developer for free and then download the developer tools.

That's about as much assistance as I can offer, as I still don't have a Mac!

James

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.

Comment

• epoch1970
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by nbkelvin
      my Mac did not come with the OSX DVD
      I advise you to recoup the install DVD ASAP. In case you hose your install, want to install bootcamp, ... you'll need it.

Anyways, Xcode on ADC is usually more recent than the one on the DVD.
      2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Comment

• nbkelvin
        • Jan 2009

Thanks guys. (Looks like I'm going to have steep learning curve with my Mac!)

Comment

Working...