Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

advice needed; moving manual plugins to repos (especially trackstat)

Hi Everyone, I've got a few manual plugins i'd like to move to repos.

Some i'm not worried if i keep the data settings. However for the following plugins i'd like to keep the data and settings.

Custom scan
    Custom skip
    Musicinfoscr
    saverswitcher

and really importantly

Trackstat

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this?
    Are there particular files where these settings/data are kept.Can i just save them and copy them once i've done the deed?

Quote Originally Posted by Volition View Post
    Hi Everyone, I've got a few manual plugins i'd like to move to repos.

Some i'm not worried if i keep the data settings. However for the following plugins i'd like to keep the data and settings.
    Generally speaking, each plugin has a *.prefs file in the Prefs/plugin directory.

You will find the location of the "Prefs" folder by look in the "Information" tab in the Settings section of the web interface.

If you just switch from a manually installed plugin to a repository version of the same plugin, you shouldn't have to do anything special. It should be enough to:
    1. Shutdown SqueezeCenter
    2. Delete the plugin directories in the Plugins directory under the SqueezeCenter installation directory
    3. Startup SqueezeCenter
    4. Check the relevant plugins in the "Plugins" tab (if you use the latest 7.4 beta) or in the "Extension Downloader" tab (if you use 7.3.*)
    5. Restart SqueezeCenter

Custom scan
    You shouldn't have to do anything special if you just switch from a manually installed plugin to a repository version.

- Settings are stored in the customscan.prefs file mentioned above
    - Data is stored in the SqueezeCenter database so as long as you don't delete the Cache directory or uninstall SqueezeCenter no data should be lost

Custom skip
    You shouldn't have to do anything special if you just switch from a manually installed plugin to a repository version. However, you might want to checks so the "Filter directory" mentioned below doesn't point to a directory under the plugin installation directory.

- Settings are stored in the customskip.prefs file mentioned above
    - Configuration files are stored in the "Filter directory" you have specified in Custom Skip settings page

Musicinfoscr
    saverswitcher
    You shouldn't have to do anything special if you just switch from a manually installed plugin to a repository version.

I'm not completely sure but I think they only have their respective *.prefs file in the above mentioned directory.

Trackstat

- Settings are stored in the trackstatprefs file mentioned above
    - Data is stored in the SqueezeCenter database so as long as you don't delete the Cache directory or uninstall SqueezeCenter no data should be lost
    - To make really sure you don't loose any data, you can goto TrackStat settings page and into the "Backup/Restore/Clear" section. Make sure to enter a file name (with full path) in the "Backup file" parameter and hit Apply to store the settings. Then hit the "Backup to file" button to perform a backup. Look in the backup file and make sure it contains data. This way you can restore the data from this backup file if an accident happens. Of course, if you have configured scheduled TrackStat backups by specifying a "Backup time" and "Backup dir", you can just make sure to store the scheduled backup from last night in a safe place.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Thanks a heap Erland.

All Worked great.