Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black screen with internet radio (SOLVED)

Hi,

When I'm playing internet radio on my Squeezebox classic, there's just a black screen. This doesn't happen when I'm playing music from my collection.
    Am I missing a setting? Is this a known issue?
    Last edited by Arie; 2009-08-05 at 14:30.
    Arie - SqueezeCenter-version: 7.6 on Ubuntu 10.0.4 server i386

Quote Originally Posted by Arie View Post
    Hi,

When I'm playing internet radio on my Squeezebox classic, there's just a black screen. This doesn't happen when I'm playing music from my collection.
    Am I missing a setting? Is this a known issue?
    Are you playing Internet Radio through your SC or are you connected to SN when this happens? If SN then I'd check your screen brightness setting through the SN web UI.

Does your PC do a power save ?

If playing through SC then it is possible for PC to go into power save and SB will continue playing stream direct from internet but PC cannot provide display info.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Are you playing Internet Radio through your SC or are you connected to SN when this happens? If SN then I'd check your screen brightness setting through the SN web UI.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm running internet radio through my ShowCenter. What do you mean with "SN"?

Thanks for the quick response. I'm running internet radio through my ShowCenter. What do you mean with "SN"?
    SC = SqueezeCenter running on your PC
    SN = SqueezeNetwork standalone online server run by Logitech

If you select a station to play via your SC web UI, does the Boom play that station (blank screen or not)? Does it start playing that station with a screen on the Boom, then go dark after a period of time?

I'd check your screen settings and set all (Power ON, Power OFF, Idle) to Brightest to diagnose this. Also check ScreenSaver settings.
    SC > Settings > Player > Display

As bpa suggests, your PC may be going to sleep while playing Internet Radio streams, causing your Idle setting to be blank.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    SC = SqueezeCenter running on your PC
    SN = SqueezeNetwork standalone online server run by Logitech

If you select a station to play via your SC web UI, does the Boom play that station (blank screen or not)? Does it start playing that station with a screen on the Boom, then go dark after a period of time?

I'd check your screen settings and set all (Power ON, Power OFF, Idle) to Brightest to diagnose this. Also check ScreenSaver settings.
    SC > Settings > Player > Display

As bpa suggests, your PC may be going to sleep while playing Internet Radio streams, causing your Idle setting to be blank.
    Yes, the web radio station does actually play.

I've checked all settings, but when the station is playing, and I go to "Now Playing" the web radio station's information is not displayed, but the VU is.

I don't know when it started, because I didn't pay much attention to it, but it is annoying.

Yes, the web radio station does actually play.

I've checked all settings, but when the station is playing, and I go to "Now Playing" the web radio station's information is not displayed, but the VU is.

I don't know when it started, because I didn't pay much attention to it, but it is annoying.
    If pressing Now Playing works properly on your local music then I'm not sure this will help but....
    Go to SC > Settings > Player > Basic Settings
    Make sure Screensaver when playing = Now Playing

I use MusicInfoScreen and the Threeline Format so my settings would be a bit different than yours. Within MusicInfoScreen is an option to "display playlist name for radio station".

So my screen shows as follows when playing Internet Radio:
    RadioIO
    Mark Rossi
    Day After Day

I think it is a bug.

For something else, I was testing on 7.3.3 and this bug happened to me and went away after a restart. I couldn't reproduce it a 2nd time although it seemed to be associated with changing volume just after starting a station.

I think try SC 7.3.4 and then document what keystrokes are needed to produce the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think it is a bug.

For something else, I was testing on 7.3.3 and this bug happened to me and went away after a restart. I couldn't reproduce it a 2nd time although it seemed to be associated with changing volume just after starting a station.

I think try SC 7.3.4 and then document what keystrokes are needed to produce the problem.
    I agree, and think it's a bug as well.

Actions taken:
    SqueezeCenter:
    -Internet Radio
    -Local
    -Choose (any) station

Result:
    Black screen

Info:
    Version: 7.3.4 - 27488 @ Sun Jul 12 03:00:05 PDT 2009
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.10.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    MySQL Version: 5.0.75-0ubuntu10.2
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Do you get this problem if you choose a station from Staff picks ?

If not then the problem is associated with RadioTime which supplies the info for "Local".