Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Can't find PIN

Can't find PIN

OK, this must be a basic one - chocolate fish for first to answer correctly....

My SB3 shows up in SC fine and I can get News Ticker and drill down into internet radio but when I try and play a song I get a 'cannot connect' message. Same if I try and connect to SN.

Ok, I open SN on my Mac and my player ID and PIN are blank but I can't open SN on my SB to get the PIN and I don't see it anywhere in Settings. Am I even looking in the right place for the PIN? Is the PIN located somewhere else? is that all that's stopping the Radio from playing?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by meisterbond View Post
    OK, this must be a basic one - chocolate fish for first to answer correctly....

My SB3 shows up in SC fine and I can get News Ticker and drill down into internet radio but when I try and play a song I get a 'cannot connect' message. Same if I try and connect to SN.

Ok, I open SN on my Mac and my player ID and PIN are blank but I can't open SN on my SB to get the PIN and I don't see it anywhere in Settings. Am I even looking in the right place for the PIN? Is the PIN located somewhere else? is that all that's stopping the Radio from playing?

Thanks...
    You say you cannot play a "song" via SN, do you mean a station or a music service??

Was your player ever connected to SN directly? Or is this your first attempt to stream radio?
    If setup properly in SC you should not need to mess with the PIN.

If not done so already:
    - Get a registered www.SqueezeNetwork.com account
    - Enter SN login info onto SC > Settings > SqueezeNetwork
    - Try playing a station from SC > Internet Radio > RadioIO > *select station*

If you try this and your SB3 still gets "cannot connect" then your SB3 cannot see beyond your home network and is not able to get out to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    You say you cannot play a "song" via SN, do you mean a station or a music service??

Was your player ever connected to SN directly? Or is this your first attempt to stream radio?
    If setup properly in SC you should not need to mess with the PIN.

If not done so already:
    1 Get a registered www.SqueezeNetwork.com account
    2 Enter SN login info onto SC > Settings > SqueezeNetwork
    3 Try playing a station from SC > Internet Radio > RadioIO > *select station*

If you try this and your SB3 still gets "cannot connect" then your SB3 cannot see beyond your home network and is not able to get out to the internet.
    Legend Toby, thanks for the reply...
    Was my player ever connected to SN? Jeeze, I don't remember, I just played iTunes off my hard drive, then I upgraded SC and tried to play music online
    1 I'm registered with SN - registered
    2 Done*- SN entered inSC
    3 Top line says "Now Playing (Now Connecting...)"
    Bottom line displays URL link
    After a short time message displayed "Cannot connect"

Legend Toby, thanks for the reply...
    Was my player ever connected to SN? Jeeze, I don't remember, I just played iTunes off my hard drive, then I upgraded SC and tried to play music online
    1 I'm registered with SN - registered
    2 Done*- SN entered inSC
    3 Top line says "Now Playing (Now Connecting...)"
    Bottom line displays URL link
    After a short time message displayed "Cannot connect"
    To verify: when you go to SC > Internet Radio > RadioIO
    .....what does it say? Does it list the 61 RadioIO stations? Or does it say "...you need a SN account...."?
    Last edited by toby10; 2009-06-20 at 03:37.

To verify: when you go to SC > Internet Radio > RadioIO
    .....what does it say? Does it list the 61 RadioIO stations? Or does it say "...you need a SN account...."?
    Yes, it list the stations.

When I try and play one it looks like it's going to work ok but then times out.
    (The play time accumulates for for 5-10 seconds then resets to 0.)

Thanks

Yes, it list the stations.

When I try and play one it looks like it's going to work ok but then times out.
    (The play time accumulates for for 5-10 seconds then resets to 0.)

Thanks
    Then as far as SC is concerned your SN account info is accurate and valid.
    It is possible that your router or modem is blocking your player from outside access (streaming from SN).

Now let's try the long way:
    From your SB3 menu (not computer) scroll to Connect to SqueezeNetwork.
    At this point it will either display the PIN # or say it cannot connect.
    If no PIN # is displayed, scroll to Settings > SB3 > PIN # (may have to poke around in Settings)
    Write down PIN #, log onto www.SqueezeNetwork.com from your computer, go to Players > Add a Player (upper right), enter PIN, click ADD PLAYER

Now try to log the SB3 back onto SN.
    The PIN # is actually assigned by SN when your player first attempts to log in to SN. That may be why you could not find the PIN # within settings while you were connected to SC.
    Last edited by toby10; 2009-06-20 at 13:25.

Angry

Then as far as SC is concerned your SN account info is accurate and valid.
    It is possible that your router or modem is blocking your player from outside access (streaming from SN).

Now let's try the long way:
    From your SB3 menu (not computer) scroll to Connect to SqueezeNetwork.
    At this point it will either display the PIN # or say it cannot connect.
    If no PIN # is displayed, scroll to Settings > SB3 > PIN # (may have to poke around in Settings)
    Write down PIN #, log onto www.SqueezeNetwork.com from your computer, go to Players > Add a Player (upper right), enter PIN, click ADD PLAYER

Now try to log the SB3 back onto SN.
    The PIN # is actually assigned by SN when your player first attempts to log in to SN. That may be why you could not find the PIN # within settings while you were connected to SC.
    Thanks Toby.

When I try and connect to SN from my SB3 menu the actual message I get is 'Can't find address for SqueezeNetwork'
    As strange as it may sound I have been through EVERY screen and setting on the SB3 and there is no PIN displayed.
    These are the only details displayed in my SB3 Settings screen:
    Model
    Firmware
    IP Address
    MAC Address
    Signal Strength
    Network Test
    Last edited by meisterbond; 2009-06-20 at 19:47.

Thanks Toby.

When I try and connect to SN from my SB3 menu the actual message I get is 'Can't find address for SqueezeNetwork'
    As strange as it may sound I have been through EVERY screen and setting on the SB3 and there is no PIN displayed.
    Model
    Firmware
    IP Address
    MAC Address
    Signal Strength
    Network Test
    I think you need to contact support directly. As I suspected, something is blocking your SB3 from seeing outside of your network. Router? Modem? ISP? Who knows. This should have worked just from SC. Any players on SC with a valid SN login account within SC and your players are automatically registered onto SN.

I'd contact support. Two things further (last ditch effort):
    1. Did you by chance buy the SB3 used? (I doubt it and probably doesn't matter). But if that player was registered before then it cannot be registered again with support from LT. But it doesn't sound like this is the issue.
    2. One last thing to try: Disconnect your computer from your network, now unplug your SB3 (re-boot SB3), re-connect SB3 power and connect it to your router. Now try to access SN. It is possible your ISP only allows a certain # of devices to access the internet. This can often be resolved by a simple phone call to your ISP.

Post back about these two things so people can further help (maybe).

Model
    Firmware
    IP Address
    MAC Address
    Signal Strength
    Network Test
    Could you provide me with:
    Model
    Firmware
    IP Address
    MAC Address

Either here, or in PM.

Also, if you open SC, then go to Settigs, then tab "Status" or "Information". Please paste here the info regarding your SC and Squeezebox.
    Squeezebox Controller (fw r6038) + Squeezebox Receiver (fw 62) + 1TB fileserver, Windows XP SP3, running SqueezeCenter 7.3.4

Download SC 7.3.4 from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3

Err, anonymity may save me from a stoning here; my flatmate has moved out, taking router with them - no internet connection for the forseeable future... sorry!

I guess the next internet connection I get may fix the problem or at least eliminate previous router/ISP questions.

I'll post again when I get re-connected.

Thanks for all your help.