Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeSe View Post
    I have a problem with this.. since my home network only uses a switch (not a router as normal people do) to communicate, I don't get a local IP address for my computer. What then do I enter into applications trying to access dsbridge and the stream?
    You absolutely must get a router. Using a switch which directs all traffic all the way to your ISP and back again is asking for lots of trouble; not only with DSbridge, but with all squeezeboxing...

Even a cheap router is ok, Netgear WGR614 has worked great for me. Others will recommend other routers, there's a wiki-page somewhere that lists a whole bunch of useful routers.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by Igro View Post
    From Goggle forum:
    "I managed to fix this problem without uninstalling Flash. I just copied dsound.dll, dsbridge.ini and lame_enc.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\. This makes Flash load the wrapper dll as well, and things works just like before the update."

Worked for me with the new flash, only that i run win xp and the folder is under C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    Also have Roku Soundbridge M1001, works perfect!
    This worked perfectly for me too, thanks!

What about SSOTS ?

Quote Originally Posted by chp View Post
    I thought I'd share the fruits of my labour here... I have written a small drop-in wrapper utility that will allow you to stream among other things Spotify (anything that uses the first DirectSound API basically) as MP3 (with metadata).

Download link: http://dsbridge.googlecode.com/files...090727-bin.zip. Installation instructions are found in the included readme file.

Note that for SqueezeCenter http://localhost:8124/ might not work (even when running it on the same machine), instead you have to input the actual IP of the computer to get it to work.

I do not include the LAME encoder DLL due to the usual patent issues. It can be tracked down elsewhere.
    has anyone tried to use this plugin on a NAS server running SSOTS ?

Unhappy Ip number changes

From time to time my ip changes and I need to change the address, in the favorites menu for spotify, on Mysqueezebox.

How can I make this work better?

Smile It worked! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Igro View Post
    From Goggle forum:
    "I managed to fix this problem without uninstalling Flash. I just copied dsound.dll, dsbridge.ini and lame_enc.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\. This makes Flash load the wrapper dll as well, and things works just like before the update."

Worked for me with the new flash, only that i run win xp and the folder is under C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    Also have Roku Soundbridge M1001, works perfect!
    The above worked for me :-) I have win 7 pro x64 and had problems with SB Server to load the plugin for Spotify (from the 3rd party plugin-list) on my computer. Now it's working perfectly

edit: FYI I already had the files in my Spotify map since the plugin was a beta and not included in the 3rd part plugin-list in SB Server.

/stefan
    Last edited by stefanolo; 2010-09-30 at 00:47.

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by avbryt View Post
    From time to time my ip changes and I need to change the address, in the favorites menu for spotify, on Mysqueezebox.

How can I make this work better?
    You set up a static IP for your SBS server computer. This you do in the router. You tie the computers MAC-address to a specific IP-address. Exactly how this is done, depends on your particular router, look it up in the manual.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

I am a little lazy now. :-)

Does this little plugin work with Squeezebox touch? And have i understood correct, i do NOT need Spotify Premium to this to work?

IMPORTANT EDIT
    Note the final backslash in the URL for the favorite! Missed in the first version of these instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by kotten View Post
    I am a little lazy now. :-)

Does this little plugin work with Squeezebox touch? And have i understood correct, i do NOT need Spotify Premium to this to work?
    Yes, it works with any SqueezeBox by imitating an internet Radio station. You do not need the Premium version. You can stream from any PC on your network that is running Spotify, but with some limitations.

- Download the DSbridge zip file via this site.

- Find (Google) and download the Lame MP3 encoder. On Windows it is called "Lame_enc.dll". It is available in lots of places so you should not have much trouble finding it.

- Set up a static IP on the computer running Spotify. The easiest way is to get your router to link a particular IP address to the MAC address of your computer. Most routers can do this but ask again if you have difficulties.

- Use the SqueezeboxServer web interface to create a "favourite". For instance, if the IP address of the computer is 192.168.1.5 then the Favourite should be "http://192.168.1.5:8124/"(note the final backslash). The "8124" figure is the port number that DSbridge uses by default.

- From the DSbridge zip file you need to drop all the files, plus the Lame_enc.dll file, in both of the following folders:
    1. the Spotify installation folder and
    2. the Adobe Flash installation folder. The latter can vary depending on your installation, but on Windows XP it is c:\windows\system32\Macromed\flash

Start Spotify and start playing some music and, in Windows, you should see a blue disk appear in your system tray (next to the clock). Then using the Touch or web interface select and "play" the favourite you have just created. After a few seconds of buffering you should then hear the output from Spotify play through your hi-fi and the blue disk will turn green.

It sounds complicated, but once set up it is a doddle to use and, to be honest, the Spotify interface is so much easier to use than the Napster app that I use it in preference. You don't get the artwork - but that is not much problem.

Personally I use it from my laptop. So in my setup, Spotify streams wirelessly from internet router to laptop, then DSBridge streams the music wirelessly from laptop to router then wirelessly from router to Reciever. It works fine. Given all those wireless hops it is a miracle it works at all!
    Last edited by TheLastMan; 2011-01-09 at 04:07.
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: 2 x piCorePlayers
    Server: One of the piCorePlayers
    Livingroom: pCP, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Dining: piCorePlayer, Steljes NS3 active speakers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
    Yes, it works with any SqueezeBox by imitating an internet Radio station. You do not need the Premium version. You can stream from any PC on your network that is running Spotify, but with some limitations.

- Download the DSbridge zip file via this site.

- Find (Google) and download the Lame MP3 encoder. On Windows it is called "Lame_enc.dll". It is available in lots of places so you should not have much trouble finding it.

- Set up a static IP on the computer running Spotify. The easiest way is to get your router to link a particular IP address to the MAC address of your computer. Most routers can do this but ask again if you have difficulties.

- Use the SqueezeboxServer web interface to create a "favourite". For instance, if the IP address of the computer is 192.168.1.5 then the Favourite should be "http://192.168.1.5:8124". The "8124" figure is the port number that DSbridge uses by default.

- From the DSbridge zip file you need to drop all the files, plus the Lame_enc.dll file, in both of the following folders:
    1. the Spotify installation folder and
    2. the Adobe Flash installation folder. The latter can vary depending on your installation, but on Windows XP it is c:\windows\system32\Macromed\flash

Start Spotify and start playing some music and, in Windows, you should see a blue disk appear in your system tray (next to the clock). Then using the Touch or web interface select and "play" the favourite you have just created. After a few seconds of buffering you should then hear the output from Spotify play through your hi-fi and the blue disk will turn green.

It sounds complicated, but once set up it is a doddle to use and, to be honest, the Spotify interface is so much easier to use than the Napster app that I use it in preference. You don't get the artwork - but that is not much problem.

Personally I use it from my laptop. So in my setup, Spotify streams wirelessly from internet router to laptop, then DSBridge streams the music wirelessly from laptop to router then wirelessly from router to Reciever. It works fine. Given all those wireless hops it is a miracle it works at all!
    Matt,
    Thanks for the post, this must i test very soon. Nice!!

Merry x-mas

I really can't get this to work. I have all the files (with lame encoder 3.98.2. I tried newer ones too) in both the Spotify folder and the flash folder. The icon turns green and Spotify goes silent but my Squeezebox radio just buffering (i guess) and is silent. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Is dsbridge compatible with squeezebox server 7.5.1? I can't run 7.3.3 with squeezebox radio.