Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    There's no file there :-)
    Correct.
    I put up the link to remind me of uploading a release once it's done.
    Use your PDA/Phone as SqueezeBox remote -- http://sc.sciatec.de

Quote Originally Posted by Locuth View Post
    Correct.
    I put up the link to remind me of uploading a release once it's done.
    Ok, the link tricked me into beleiving there was a .996 file to download
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Okay - everything looks great. Of course, what I have said before holds (and I'm sure it's all on your list, so I won't reiterate) but here are my notes on .996:

Installation (other than the uninstallation first glitch) was fine - didn't have to re-register.

All functionality you mentioned is present and accounted for. Volume control (with 100% there all the time (and not just when you use it) is great!

Not sure if I mentioned before a couple of things:

Would be great if (perhaps at the top of the screen?) you could easily jump between Now Playing, Playlist and the Library. It is a little annoying having to constantly revert to the main screen and re-select.

Tips or captions on some of the buttons might help. Not sure though. I got a little confused when trying to change players, but now I know it's all good. Not sure if they would get in the way and spoil the interface or not. Just to let you know and maybe think about it.

Regards,

I was still using 0.92 and finally updated to 0.95. Loving the updates, the option to switch on the wifi is great.

Many thanks for your continued work.
    Boom (Retired), Receiver, Squeezelite-X, Spotty, Android Squeezer and Android Squeeze Player playback
    LMS 7.9.1 on HP Proliant Microserver (WHS 2011) MusicIP & Spicefly Sugarcube

Quote Originally Posted by amey01 View Post
    Would be great if (perhaps at the top of the screen?) you could easily jump between Now Playing, Playlist and the Library. It is a little annoying having to constantly revert to the main screen and re-select.
    That has been suggested before and I will probably add a navigation button from the PL into the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by amey01 View Post
    Tips or captions on some of the buttons might help. Not sure though. I got a little confused when trying to change players, but now I know it's all good. Not sure if they would get in the way and spoil the interface or not. Just to let you know and maybe think about it.
    Yes, that is certainly true.
    The miniplayer view was a rather spontaneous idea.
    I have yet to find a more comprehensive navigation scheme for selecting vs. controlling a player. Ideas are very welcome
    Use your PDA/Phone as SqueezeBox remote -- http://sc.sciatec.de

Did some beta testers change to 7.4 server? Do they have any problem. I mean with hardware AND software players?

I'm not a beta tester, but am running SlimControl Ver0.98 with server 7.4 (upgraded yesterday without a problem). But I run a very simple setup, no ithis or ithat, no plugins besides what comes with the server software..... (I have a Classic and a Boom)

Thumbs up

Not a beta-tester either but installed 0.98 on Xperia X1, Win Mobile 6.5 ('final' release), SqueezeCenter 7.4 (2500 albums on), have both Transporter and SB3.

800x480 looking nice! Impressed by speed of 'Cover Flow' scrolling. No issue with playback & use in portrait mode.

Problem with switching to landscape mode (kinda works in 0.98 with some cosmetic issues). When I switch back to portrait, the icons for close/config/search gets messed up and oriented horizontally outside of the view area.

Would love to see landscape working and text input thru standard SIP/keyboard! Great job so far Sebastian!

BTW, I was using iPhone/iPeng until switching back to Windows Mobile for the flexibility so really glad to see this program available!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimago View Post
    Not a beta-tester either but installed 0.98 on Xperia X1, Win Mobile 6.5 ('final' release), SqueezeCenter 7.4 (2500 albums on), have both Transporter and SB3.

Would love to see landscape working and text input thru standard SIP/keyboard! Great job so far Sebastian!

BTW, I was using iPhone/iPeng until switching back to Windows Mobile for the flexibility so really glad to see this program available!!!
    WHOW, and you realy think the change you are happy with this change? YOU are the first one that announce the switching back from iPhone/iPeng. Interesting for others to hear, because it should happen not so often that someone use both solutions.

The change and testing to 7.4 was very painfull in my case. I did setup 7.4 onmy laptop. and did try first to use it with the software players first. Special the Squeezeplay Software what should be similar to the Duet was not working and was not able to connect to the server and special to mysqueezeboxnetwork.com
    Because Locuth use my Duet (in parts for developement) i hope until i see not less rumors he do not update for some days to 7.4

This cause major problems for compatibility of Slimcontrol because it is optimised for 7.1-7.33.

The squeezenetwork was not necessary until now, because Locuth do it in a different way to make the Services (Applications like Last.fm) running without the Squeezenetwork connection.

Here in fact i see now a problem with 7.4 because there seems a major change. I can no more use with SlimControl Last.FM advanced features like i could do before. And they where special more advanced than inside SB3 possible. It was more easy to find any song and artist than in any other online libary directly.
    As it runs now it needs to sort out how to do best. Maybee a version 1.0 what is announced as stable needs to come in 2 Versions for server up to 7.3x and another that runs from Version 7.4
    Sad this is, so short in front of release date 1.0 of SlimControl to see such major changes inside the Server.

Quote Originally Posted by arztde View Post
    WHOW, and you realy think the change you are happy with this change? YOU are the first one that announce the switching back from iPhone/iPeng. Interesting for others to hear, because it should happen not so often that someone use both solutions.

The change and testing to 7.4 was very painfull in my case. I did setup 7.4 onmy laptop. and did try first to use it with the software players first. Special the Squeezeplay Software what should be similar to the Duet was not working and was not able to connect to the server and special to mysqueezeboxnetwork.com
    Because Locuth use my Duet (in parts for developement) i hope until i see not less rumors he do not update for some days to 7.4

This cause major problems for compatibility of Slimcontrol because it is optimised for 7.1-7.33.

The squeezenetwork was not necessary until now, because Locuth do it in a different way to make the Services (Applications like Last.fm) running without the Squeezenetwork connection.

Here in fact i see now a problem with 7.4 because there seems a major change. I can no more use with SlimControl Last.FM advanced features like i could do before. And they where special more advanced than inside SB3 possible. It was more easy to find any song and artist than in any other online libary directly.
    As it runs now it needs to sort out how to do best. Maybee a version 1.0 what is announced as stable needs to come in 2 Versions for server up to 7.3x and another that runs from Version 7.4
    Sad this is, so short in front of release date 1.0 of SlimControl to see such major changes inside the Server.
    Figured mention of the switch from iPhone --> Windows Mobile would get some reaction!

For a number of years I used Windows Mobile and then got iPhone last year. Unfortunately the iPhone got stolen in China this summer so I had a choice of replacements. Decided to return to WM due to the flexibility! No question iPhone OS makes Windows Mobile look like an old man... Microsoft has ALOT of catching up to do in the user interface department. But for business oriented apps like mobile Word / Excel, as a doctor I wanted to have access to medical books without being tied to the Internet, or upload my own PDF's to my SD card, Windows Mobile works for me.

Regarding the SqueezeBox -- iPeng is awesome and I still use it on my wife's iPhone. Does everything including selecting input source on the Transporter, etc... My main purpose is to browse through my music library so for that SlimControl works and I'm thankful for that. Have not had any problems with 7.4. It installed on my Windows Home Server automatically with no fuss. I admit I don't listen to the radio much so will try it out later. I sure hope Sebastian continues to improve this program - would love to see it take on iPeng one day in terms of functionality!