Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

PDA-controller SlimControl 0.95

Hello everybody

SlimControl is a software remote control for Squeezeboxes.
    It runs on PDAs and smartphones under WM 2003, 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1.

After several months of steady improvement, version 0.95 is available for download.
    Thanks so much to all of you contributing.

I am opening this thread as a successor to http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=62486
    which has grown too long indeed. Please post any bugs, suggestions, or critics here.

The attached screenshots were taken from version 0.94
    but they pretty much give you an idea of the user interface.

A manual is available, however it has not yet been updated to reflect version 0.95.

Of the vast list of features offered by SqueezeCenter, I am currently supporting the following:
    - Browse by genre, album, artist
    - Browse radio plugins, playlists, favorites
    - Display and edit the current playlist
    - Control multiple players (no synchronization yet)
    - Album covers

Requirements:
    - Arm (v4) or PXA processor
    - 32 MB or higher
    - Windows Mobile 2003 - 6.1
    - Network connectivity
    - Screen resolutions
    ....240x320 (native)
    ....480x640 (scaled up, poorer quality)
    ....other A/R (screen not filled)

Download here: http://sc.sciatec.de/

SlimControl was developed on a Pocket Loox 600 (WM 2003) from the last millenium.
    It is not a skin. It is an WM application.
    Last edited by Locuth; 2009-06-16 at 09:26.
    Use your PDA/Phone as SqueezeBox remote -- http://sc.sciatec.de

Very cool and I can tell its more stable than .92 right off the bat. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out how the new "list" style icons work but I eventually did.

Would love to be able to "drill into" the song listing of an album from the cover flow.

Great work! THANKS!!!

playlist management

Hi Locuth,

Very nice app, well done for getting it this far! I've found a use for an old HTC Prophet - shame the battery is a bit dodgy

Anyway, is there a known issue/feature with the way the app handles updates to the existing now playing list? While I was using it yesterday, I noticed that everytime a track was played the reported number of tracks in the playlist reduced by 1 (see below). I haven't done much investigation but I will.

The actual number of tracks according to web ui and wand (SB3) remained constant but SlimControl reported less. If I removed all the tracks from the playlist using SlimControl, then closed the playlist and re-opened it, it reported the old (previously played) tracks. It's like it was reporting a 'window' of tracks, not the total list?

Hope that makes sense I'll have a more scientific play today and let you know. I know I did stuff like

. start with an empty now playing list
    . add an album and start playing
    . add a track or two from another album as next to play
    . add a playlist (as either next up or at end)

I basically played with the playlist add/insert/append features.

thanks

N

Quote Originally Posted by nik8 View Post
    Anyway, is there a known issue/feature with the way the app handles updates to the existing now playing list?
    You found a bug there - Thanks
    I already located the problem in the code
    and will post an updated version today.

While I was using it yesterday, I noticed that everytime a track was played the reported number of tracks in the playlist reduced by 1 (see below). I haven't done much investigation but I will.
    The decimal in the playlist was actually supposed to be an index starting at the 1st visible item.
    While the final track of the paylist is playing, it will have index 1, and the PL will have length 1.
    The bug you reported might mess with that.
    Last edited by Locuth; 2009-06-17 at 02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwookie View Post
    Quick first look at 0.94, I notice when you hit the volume icon while the menu is displayed, it hides the menu but doesn't show the volume slider, it requires a second tap to show. This is not the case when the volume slider is showing and you hit the menu icon, it hides the volume slider and shows the menu as expected.
    This is still in 0.95
    In long lists, like the album browse, the little keyboard icon shows and I can tap it to get the keyboard, but then I can't exit from it without selecting an album.
    This is fixed for me in 0.95

This is still in 0.95
    Sh-t - you are right. It seemed to be so straighforward, that I never tested it actually.
    As the popup menu works, I can do nothing about it:
    While the menu is up, it captures all input even outside any of the menu buttons. (So it knows when to collapse)
    No other button is active while the menu is up. If you'd consider this a major drawback, I'll reconsider.
    Last edited by Locuth; 2009-06-17 at 04:39.

Des anybody know if something like this Squeezebox controlling software is available for Android platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Bytec View Post
    Des anybody know if something like this Squeezebox controlling software is available for Android platform?
    Search is your friend: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...hlight=Android

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
    In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Vista instalation

I did the Vista instalation. (Update) For reasons i do not know now i have to try more than once. because it was announced another update is running. But at least it runs well.

Hmmm if someone have other layout pictures, the new installation or update override the old pictures or layout.

I am looking for a remote software that works with BlackBerry...