Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25

    To MusicIP or Not?

    Hello
    I'm a new Squeezebox user. I love the Genius functionality on my iPod and when I heard about MusicIP and the possibilities of integrating it with Squeeze I was quite excited. Now I hear that MusicIP is in a perpetual stagnant beta since development has stopped.

    Does this mean it's to be avoided? Is it in a useable state? Will future versions of Squeeze be compatible with it? Are there any viable alternatives? Don't want to go to the trouble of trying to sort it out if it's doomed.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member aubuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by paulduggan View Post
    Does this mean it's to be avoided? Is it in a useable state? Will future versions of Squeeze be compatible with it? Are there any viable alternatives? Don't want to go to the trouble of trying to sort it out if it's doomed.
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Don't know (doubt anyone does)
    4. Erland's Dynamic Playlists plugin only does random selections, but is very flexible about including/excluding genres, so you can get some pretty good mixes

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for replying. I think I will give it a go and hope Logitech don't break it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Phil Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by paulduggan View Post
    Thanks for replying. I think I will give it a go and hope Logitech don't break it.
    Don't know what SC release you are running, but you might want to avoid 7.4 for a while... I've been having a few MusicIP issues recently, as have some others.
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for the advice. I'd been planning to avoid the betas for a while at least anyway. Since I've only just got my Squeezebox I want to get used to the way things work first.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    48

    Which Plugin for sc?

    So which of the 3 plug-ins do I pick to use sc natively (itunes, wmp, winamp).
    The threads for this are very old... are there any gotchas to avoid in installing this.
    I will be using 7.3.3 on windows home server with approx 40k mp3's.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hampshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    598
    Well reading between the lines, MIP is pretty much dead. Seems that the technology has been sold to another company and will be reborn here at some point; http://www.amplifiedmusicservices.com/

    For the moment, MIP version 1.9b6 works fine with sc7.3.3 there are loads of guides about setup, see the wiki or my site or various threads on this site.

    Good Luck
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Well reading between the lines, MIP is pretty much dead. Seems that the technology has been sold to another company and will be reborn here at some point; http://www.amplifiedmusicservices.com/

    For the moment, MIP version 1.9b6 works fine with sc7.3.3 there are loads of guides about setup, see the wiki or my site or various threads on this site.

    Good Luck
    Where did you find mip 1.9b6? On their site i can find only 1.8.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Siduhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    deepest, darkest, south-east London
    Posts
    3,238
    Sent you a PM
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    Sent you a PM
    send you one as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •