Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok. Have a contact I can bug? I work for a certain company with a relationship with Pandora.

Is this an API change that needs to be exposed to you?

Pandora One and Squeezebox

On Aug 8, 2009, at 8:25 PM, pounce wrote:

>
    > Ok. Have a contact I can bug? I work for a certain company with a
    > relationship with Pandora.
    >
    > Is this an API change that needs to be exposed to you?

I also work for a company with a relationship with Pandora, and we
    haven't been able to get anywhere with it either obviously. Not
    sure who you should contact. Yeah, they need to do some API work on
    their end.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    I also work for a company with a relationship with Pandora, and we
    haven't been able to get anywhere with it either obviously. Not
    sure who you should contact. Yeah, they need to do some API work on
    their end.
    Teamwork! If you think of contacts for API or connectivity on the Pandora side PM me. I'll bug them as well.

I'm seeing larger companies adding Pandora support in new devices so I'm not surprised you are having a hard time. My Blu-ray player and my receiver both support Pandora now. I think they are also running a smaller staff over there now.

This Just In...

"Late News Breaking, This just in...Yeah, Cool'n'Out...
    God Sure Baked A Lot Of Fruitcake, Baby!"
    ("Cool'N'Out" - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros)
    -------------------------------------
    Here's a reply to my latest inquiry concerning Pandora One:
    (I wrote to "customer support" and the "CTO" - basically the same response - hurry up and wait! I'm done - over and out..)
    -------------------------------------
    Subject: Re: 192Kbps stream for your old friends - SlimDevices?!?!?
    To: "James Wilbourne" <bethjim@yahoo.com>
    Cc: pandora-support@pandora.com
    Date: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 5:52 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to write. We think a lot about our dedicated listeners -- particularly those that have been with us for a long time and have allowed Pandora to creep into many of the corners of their lives. As you've noticed, we don't currently have the right mechanisms in place to expose our 192Kbps streams to our devices partners, but it's something we'd very much like to add to the service in the future. We've got a really full plate at the moment, so it's not going to happen over night, but I'm confident that we'll make time for it at some point relatively soon.

Thanks again for all the support you've shown us and thanks for writing.

Tom

----
    Tom Conrad
    CTO at Pandora
    twitter: http://twitter.com/tconrad
    cell: 415-640-6309

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM, James Wilbourne <bethjim@yahoo.com> wrote:

To everyone at Pandora (forward me around please)

I have been a paying member for a few years and writing letters to politicians concerning royalty legislation. When Pandora One was announced I was quite thrilled as I have four Slim/Logitech Squeezebox devices streaming tunes throughout the house and backyard.

ALAS:

" Note: Pandora Mobile and Pandora Devices do not currently support 192Kbps streams, although we're very interested in expanding High Quality audio options at some point in the future."

The folks at Slim say that they can do nothing without ya'll doing some work on an API?!?

See this discussion on the Slim forum:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63653

I realize that you're anxious to get Pandora capability into every device that connects to the net, but please don't forget your old friends and early supporters on the SqueezeBox platform. Try to get together with the Slim developers in order to implement 192Kbps streams on their equipment. They are currently working on a major release of their software and I'm sure they would love to offer the Pandora One upgraded stream to their users.

It wasn't too long ago that I think Tim Westergren was even autographing Squeezeboxes.

Don't forget us.....
    James
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

Any update on Pandora One's ability (or plans) to include the higher bitrate streams to come to our Squeezeboxes?
    SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
    - 2 SqueezeBox Controllers
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Quote Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
    Any update on Pandora One's ability (or plans) to include the higher bitrate streams to come to our Squeezeboxes?
    It might be a good idea for SD/Logitech to start an email notification section for any/all future offerings. Things like this come up often, I remember many asking "when" for things like Napster, Deezer, Sirius, etc...

Could be a one page thing with the varying subjects listed down the page where anyone can enter their email next to each item of interest.

"Yes, please email me when Pandora One (192kbps) accounts are offered on SB players" ENTER EMAIL: _________________

Then all collected emails can be sent a mass notice of the new feature.
    Might also be a way for SD people to gauge interest in the various "future" offerings.

Yes, I know this is a Pandora issue.
    Yes, I know there is the bugs/enhancement votes, but I'd bet many don't do this as this requires a whole new registration.

Heck, may as well add "Yes, email me when the new Touch is available".
    Then SD/Logitech can just mass email an ORDER page.

Just an idea.

Angry Pandora One

Quote Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
    lets bring this back to the top. i am very interested in getting the 192k streams to my squeezebox. i am waiting for confirmation on that before i pay for the subscription.

has anything new surfaced concerning this?
    I feel exactly the same way. I was ready to sign-up today until I discovered
    this out. Very disappointing. This issue goes back to May? One of
    the reasons for even ordering a squeezebox was to able to have the higher bit rate.
    I haven't even received it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by dts View Post
    One of the reasons for even ordering a squeezebox was to able to have the higher bit rate. I haven't even received it yet!
    How did you work that one out? The Squeezebox can't use Pandora One, so why would it be a reason for purchasing a Squeezebox?

I am not a techy, however after reading the posts I sent the following email to Pandora. If I am missing something or haven't performed a set-up correctly I will gladly acknowledge being off-base.

Email to Pandora: I am happy with Pandora music however I purchased Pandora One specifically to stream through my new Squeezebox duet. On paying for and starting the Pandora One app on the squeezebox I cannot get the higher 192 bit rate stream,only the 128 rate. After investigating the forums, I have learned that Pandora does not stream the higher bit rate to the device, and that the problem is with Pandora. It appears that there simply has not been enough time for you to support the higher stream yet.Pandora and Squuezebox both mention each other in advertising on web sites. I am sure you can see how someone would be led to believe you can sign up for Pandora One and stream it at 192 bit rate as intended through the Duet device. However this is obviously not the case. So I request a full refund of registration fee for Pandora One and I will check back from time to time and re-register when you have this feature working as intended.

Bumming over the 192 Issue

I just foolishly upgraded to Pandora One as I just added a Duet to my existing SqueezeBox Boom System and HP Media Smart Server.

NOW I find out they aren't supporting 192 over the Squueze network. Do I bother to ask for my $36 back? I almost think so.