Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question Problem: Squeezecenter 7.3.2 never starts

My problem is that Squeezecenter 7.3.2 won't start. The squeezecenter task bar icon keeps blinking, saying "starting squeezecenter", but the program itself won't start.

My system is Amilo laptop running Windows XP SP3.

I've tried disabling all firewalls. I've tried the squeezecenter's cleanup utility. I've tried manually cleaning up any squeezecenter-related caches (and other temporary files) that I've been able to find. I've downloaded and executed the Troubleshooter.exe (which claims that I'm "lucky" and no problems were found). I'm quite clueless of what could be the problem here. Looking at windows event log I can find an error caused by "Application": Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 89.

Any ideas what should I try next?

Are you using Norman Anti-virus? If so, this is a known issue and I believe if you contact support they can send you a modified version of Squeezecenter which will work. Search the forums for Norman Antivirus for more info.

Edited to say - see this post from mherger.
    Last edited by Siduhe; 2009-05-08 at 06:38.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    Are you using Norman Anti-virus?
    Yes I am. Somehow I had managed to miss that piece of information... So I installed Squeezecenter 7.2.1 and that seems to start, even after a re-boot. I'm still unable to connect my SBR to the network but that's probably another issue. So thank you for getting me this far at least

Quote Originally Posted by el_maco View Post
    Yes I am. Somehow I had managed to miss that piece of information... So I installed Squeezecenter 7.2.1 and that seems to start, even after a re-boot. I'm still unable to connect my SBR to the network but that's probably another issue. So thank you for getting me this far at least
    Glad to hear it's working. As I say, if you want to get all the goodness that is 7.3 (lots of bug fixes including for the Duet),
    there is a special build for Norman users - contact support@slimdevices.com
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

I am having same problem but I dont have a virus program installed at all. It tells me that is starts up but never does. I can play music from my Ipeng Controller but I wish it would start.

Should I go for the same Norman build or should I do something different?

Thanks.

Jeppe

Same here

My uncles SqeezeCenter is having the same problem. Gets stuck on "SqeezeCenter is starting..., but it never gets beyond that point.

The system has McAfee anti-virus (that was provided from the ISP - AT&T).

Problem: Squeezecenter 7.3.2 neverstarts

> The system has McAfee anti-virus (that was provided from the ISP -
    > AT&T).

Please search the forum for solutions running SC and McAfee together.

--

Michael