Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy The boom when off awakes my sleepy pc

Hi,

Just got my new boom. One thing I wanted is to have my music collection on a server. This server goes into sleep mode at a certain time in the evening.

The problem with the boom is that it prevents the pc to go to sleep mode as soon as it is powered. I would expect that when I turn it on but not when it is just connected to the wall.

Is there a way to prevent the boom to behave like this ?

Nick

When you plug in the boom it needs to establish network connectivity and talk to SqueezeCenter/SqueezeNetwork to find out what state it should be in.

When you plug it in the boom doesn't know if it should be in the "off" state or "on" state.

I don't think it's ever really off, just turns the display off. Try connecting it to Squeezenetwork when you want to let your PC go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I don't think it's ever really off, just turns the display off. Try connecting it to Squeezenetwork when you want to let your PC go to sleep.
    He is unplugging it from the wall outlet ? not the best practice considering how these products works.

Btw I think with the latest fw it turns of the amplifiers in standby thus reducing it's power consumption to very low levels.

Squeezecenter shouldn't prevent standby in the way you describe, but this may depend on your precise setup. What version of Squeezecenter are you running and what OS is your server running? Is your server set to standby, sleep or to hibernate and can you change these settings?

Does your OS support wake on lan? http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Wake_on_LAN

If you are running Windows, what are the settings for Windows: Prevent Standby plugin?

Next time the server gets woken up, have a look in the server.log file and try to pin down exactly what Squeezecenter is doing which wakes your server up.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen