Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for sending me the registration. Great service.

I have tried it on my IPAQ 6815 and it seems to work great. I really like the browser implementation with the search feature.

I have another IPAQ4700 I'd like to use too, but it wont charge for some reason

All in all a nice app, that already works great for controlling my squeezeboxes. A few suggestions though:

1. Any plans to implement internet radio?
    2. I think the GUI could provide some more feedback. Buttons could highlight when you press them etc.
    3. When I turn on my device the WIFI takes a few seconds to connect. It would be nice if the <> connection icon reflects that there are no server connection until this point.
    4. Would be nice to have access to favorites too.
    5. I seems the playlist only shows the remaining songs. I think it should show all in the current playlist.
    6. The artist album cover flow looks nice - but I can't seem to do anything with it just yet right?

Again these are just suggestions - it's already something I would pay for!

//Nikolaj

Quote Originally Posted by NikolajC View Post
    1. Any plans to implement internet radio?
    //Nikolaj
    Probably not in the near future, as Squeezenetwork requires an altogether different technique.

2. I think the GUI could provide some more feedback. Buttons could highlight when you press them etc.
    //Nikolaj
    I figured the 'click' sound would provide feedback enough but I am considering it in future releases.

3. When I turn on my device the WIFI takes a few seconds to connect. It would be nice if the <> connection icon reflects that there are no server connection until this point.
    //Nikolaj
    I will try to optimize the visual feedback during connection.
    But maybe you could elaborate in more detail on what you'd expect to be displayed during the connection process.
    The connection icon is meant to turn green, as soon as the server (SS) responds. But I will have to double-check.

4. Would be nice to have access to favorites too.
    //Nikolaj
    Yes, that would be nice - as well as accessing your own playlists.
    I'll put it on my list.

5. I seems the playlist only shows the remaining songs. I think it should show all in the current playlist.
    //Nikolaj
    That could be argued. I am limiting the playlist to 200 tracks and you would eventually not see the current track anymore.
    Maybe having the previous 10 tracks or so would help navigation.

6. The artist album cover flow looks nice - but I can't seem to do anything with it just yet right?
    //Nikolaj
    Given you activated the 'show artist' option in the seetings:
    It shows & allows you to browse all the current artist's albums. There is ONE user interaction: tap&hold an album to play it. The current playlist will be lost.

Again these are just suggestions - it's already something I would pay for!
    //Nikolaj
    Good :-)

//Nikolaj[/QUOTE]
    Use your PDA/Phone as SqueezeBox remote -- http://sc.sciatec.de

Sebastian,
    Awesome software. I'm using my smartphone, an HTC Titan running WM 6.1. Some feedback:
    a) I generally have my slimserver set to use password authentication, since I want to use my Boom to access the server from outside the local network. Not the best security, but better than nothing, I suppose. This doesn't work with the software. Not that big an issue, but sure would be a nice-to-have.
    b) Using the Wi-Fi on the phone, software works really well.
    c) Turning off the Wi-Fi and attempting to use the phones over-the-air data connection, not so much. I've tried pointing it to both the IP address of my server, as well as the fully qualified domain name. I can point a browser to server:9000 and hit the server, but for some reason the software just won't connect. Probably the same issue as the gentleman with the HTC Touch Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Runes View Post
    Sebastian,
    Awesome software. I'm using my smartphone, an HTC Titan running WM 6.1. Some feedback:
    a) I generally have my slimserver set to use password authentication, since I want to use my Boom to access the server from outside the local network. Not the best security, but better than nothing, I suppose. This doesn't work with the software. Not that big an issue, but sure would be a nice-to-have.
    b) Using the Wi-Fi on the phone, software works really well.
    c) Turning off the Wi-Fi and attempting to use the phones over-the-air data connection, not so much. I've tried pointing it to both the IP address of my server, as well as the fully qualified domain name. I can point a browser to server:9000 and hit the server, but for some reason the software just won't connect. Probably the same issue as the gentleman with the HTC Touch Pro.
    Hi Runes

I will implement server authentification in the next release.

SlimControl needs to be able to connect to port 9090. I know little about connecting via GSM or what you call 'over-the-air' (?).
    If you fill me in, I will most certainly look into it.

Great to have you join our little community :-)
    Keep in touch.

Sebastian
    Use your PDA/Phone as SqueezeBox remote -- http://sc.sciatec.de

works great

I just got the reg # and I am trying this out, so far it works great on my HP IPAQ 2215. Nice work!

Ran it on Samsung Omnia

Screen size is wrong i suspect but it ran. Let me know when you support the Omnia screen.
    Louis
    Louis
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Locuth View Post
    Probably not in the near future, as Squeezenetwork requires an altogether different technique......
    It is not capable of Internet Radio control at all? Or is it just SN that it won't work with? i.e. Will it function as expected using SC7 for Internet Radio and Music Services?

Sebastian

Very nice. Could you perhaps map some functions to the hard buttons? e.g. when controlling volume I find I automatically press the up/down cursor keys. Likewise, left/right on the hard keys for menu navigation would be useful.

Keith

p.s. just found that the album art can be reversed. Useless but interesting!! ;-)

I had some troubles to install this application (had to use the cab file directly on the device, because I couldn't install it with my Vista PC in combination with the Windows Mobile Device Center).

It's now working fine on my Ipaq 4700. This is exactly what I was looking for for quite some time now so I'm very pleased. I can see that there are functions to search for Genres, Albums and Artists, but is there also a function to search for songs?

I ran into one problem after the application was running for a couple of hours : Out of memory (I don't know the exact message, but it was something like that).

For now I'm very pleased with the application so thanks and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Locuth View Post
    Probably not in the near future, as Squeezenetwork requires an altogether different technique.
    Like others state too: Internet radio and music services is a standard feature of Squeezecenter - not just Squeezenetwork.

I figured the 'click' sound would provide feedback enough but I am considering it in future releases.
    Thanks - I don't have the click for some reason, but it's probably my device that is acting up again.

I will try to optimize the visual feedback during connection.
    But maybe you could elaborate in more detail on what you'd expect to be displayed during the connection process.
    The connection icon is meant to turn green, as soon as the server (SS) responds. But I will have to double-check.
    The little icon in the top right move together during server connection when I just open the app. If i however turn my phone off and then on, wifi needs to be renegotiated and the icon just stays in the "connected" state. A bit confusing cause I don't know when it's ready to accept commands.

Yes, that would be nice - as well as accessing your own playlists.
    I'll put it on my list.
    Kewl thanks.

That could be argued. I am limiting the playlist to 200 tracks and you would eventually not see the current track anymore.
    Maybe having the previous 10 tracks or so would help navigation.
    Trouble is if I move the currently playing song down in the playlist and close and reopen the playlist window, all previous songs are no longer shown. Doesn't seem logical to me, since I'd like to keep working on the playlist. I say make it an option to always show all songs. I never use very long playlists anyway, and I suspect others don't too.

Given you activated the 'show artist' option in the settings:
    It shows & allows you to browse all the current artist's albums. There is ONE user interaction: tap&hold an album to play it. The current playlist will be lost.
    Excellent feature thanks. Consider expanding it to include a full coverflow browser - not just for one artist if possible. Thanks again for a nice app.