Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spicefly sugarcube might prevent disk hibernation

Hello,

i have made some strange observations regarding the disk hibernation on my QNAP 439 and the SugarCube Plugin.

Usually the NAS goes into standby, when i've heard music via dynamic playlist or MusicIP, internet radio,....

When i enable the Sugarcube plugin, the hibernation does not work after stopíng the music.

When i disable the plugin and hear just music as described above, the NAS still does not go into standby.

When i switch to an internet radiostation after hearing music with sugarcube and stop the radiostream, the NAS goes into standby as expected.

This means, that i can 'repair' the standby behavior by switching to an internet radio stream after the use of Sugarcube (strange).

I have used the QNAP tool to identify the processes that keeps on the HDD's after the usage of SugarCube

Code:
    mysqld(13907): dirtied inode 6212065 (#sql_50f_0.MYI) on md0
    mysqld(13907): dirtied inode 6212090 (#sql_50f_0.MYD) on md0
    mysqld(13907): dirtied inode 6212065 (#sql_50f_0.MYI) on md0
    mysqld(13907): dirtied inode 6212090 (#sql_50f_0.MYD) on md0
    perl(1291): dirtied inode 6212065 (audioscrobbler.prefs.tmp) on md0
    When i switch to an internet radio stream after Sugarcube (even just for a few seconds), the disks go into standby and there are no messages from the QNAQP tool.

I can see, that there is also a message regarding audiscrobbler, which is not there, when i hear music from HDD without SugarCube (even MusicIP works)

It seems to me that SugarCube performs some actions in combination with the DB and scrobbling, even when the music is stopped.

Are there any ideas??

Edit: SpiceFly 1.8.4, but was also present at 1.8.3
    SqueezeCenter Version: 7.3.3 - 25179 @ Thu Feb 26 03:03:12 PST 2009
    Last edited by mr_hyde; 2009-04-03 at 12:18.
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - Squeezecenter 7.9.1 / MusicIP in Container station - QNAP TS453A - 4 x 3 TB Hitachi (RAID5)

mr_hyde, I found that Sugarcube defaulted to "info" logging and wrote an awful lot of messages into the server log.
    This may be a reason, check the server log and then adjust the Sugarcube logging to "error" and see if that makes a difference.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    mr_hyde, I found that Sugarcube defaulted to "info" logging and wrote an awful lot of messages into the server log.
    This may be a reason, check the server log and then adjust the Sugarcube logging to "error" and see if that makes a difference.
    Hi Wirruna,

thanks for the input. I already reduced the logging to warning, but now i further reduced it to your proposal. Up to now i see no improvement :-(

Also with warning, there were nearly no message from Sugarcube in the logfile.

I will further keep an eye on it.
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - Squeezecenter 7.9.1 / MusicIP in Container station - QNAP TS453A - 4 x 3 TB Hitachi (RAID5)