Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Controller stuck at logictech screen

The firmware update failed on my squeezebox controller. Now the controller is stuck at the logitech screen. I tried the factory reset ( holding add while powering on the remote). That didn't resolve the issue. I believe the controller is now bricked. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Mine freezes on the Logitech logo almost every time I turn it off (which I now do very rarely).

I usually have to take the battery out and replace it 10-15 times before it will boot past the logo into the main menu.

I've asked support about this issue twice, but they don't seem to think it's an issue, they say "Did you try a factory reset?" Yes, I did, and now it's frozen on the Logitech logo, this issue apparently is not alarming to them.

Have you tried the SD card Firmware update?
    Instructions are on the Wiki page here
    Nothing like this has happened to my Duet's and I turn them off after using them every time.

mark.

I haven't tried the sd firmware update for the fact that the instructions say you have to invoke the update via the menu on the controller. I can't get to the menu, so I didn't think that was a viable option. I have a ticket open with squeeze support. Once they respond I will post an update.

It's happened to me a couple of times yesterday. That was the first time in one year. I just took out the battery, reinserted it, and then it's been functioning fine. YMMV.
    System 1: SB Duet --> Tact RCS 2.2x room correction pre-amp & cross-over
    --> Tact 2150 --> Tact W210s (bass)
    --> Sanders ESL Amp --> Custom made 84 inch tall flat ESLs (mid/tweet)

System 2: SB Duet --> Tact Millennium Mk II --> Martin Logan CLSIIa

I have the same problem, see my earlier posting http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=58107. I have talked to support for a while now but we have not been able to solve this yet. My suggestion is to contact support.

It might be useful for them to have a log from the booting process. To do so, first make a directory called "log" in the root directory of a SD card, then insert it in the controller (remove battery, then you have access to the SD card slot).

Best regards,

Rik

This has been officially addressed as official app not compatible with later Android API, correct? If so, are there any known "mods" to the official app, making it work with Android 8/9/10?

Quote Originally Posted by Gew View Post
    This has been officially addressed as official app not compatible with later Android API, correct? If so, are there any known "mods" to the official app, making it work with Android 8/9/10?
    No. The Squeezebox Controller is a device ( Duet = Squeezebox controller + Squeezebox Receiver) and not an Android App.