Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Internet Radio

Internet Radio

Hi!

I've just bought a SB Classic and I am quite happy with it. One of the uses that I intend it to do is to listen to internet radio with my PC turned off. However, it seems that this can only be done through SqueezeNetwork. Is there any chance of skipping this connection?

In any case, I want to listen to some radio stations that are not displayed in the "Internet Radio" menu. Is there a way to include them there and access them with my PC turned off?

Thanks,

Alberto

Hello,

of course, you just create an account on www.squeezenetwork.com, with the PIN Number of your Squeezebox..and in Favorites you can add any supported stream you can find on the web.
    I hope this can help..
    Dave
    Squeezebox Classic>>SC 7.3.2. PC Windows Vista 64-bit....SC 7.3.2_Toshiba laptop Satellite s5200-903_Windows XP Home
    Amp-Denon PMA-700>> Canton Boxes

To be clear:

You can register, and setup your SB Classic on the SN website:
    http://www.squeezenetwork.com/userHome
    - and then copy and paste any radio stream URL you can find into your own list of favourites.

You can then easliy select your favourites from your SB Classic with the remote control, without needing any of your PCS being on, or even involved.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    Hi!

I've just bought a SB Classic and I am quite happy with it. One of the uses that I intend it to do is to listen to internet radio with my PC turned off. However, it seems that this can only be done through SqueezeNetwork. Is there any chance of skipping this connection?

In any case, I want to listen to some radio stations that are not displayed in the "Internet Radio" menu. Is there a way to include them there and access them with my PC turned off?

Thanks,

Alberto
    You must connect to SN if not connected to your PC. One way or another your SB3 must connect to a server that it recognizes. SC as a local server on your PC or SN as an online server hosted by Logitech.

Why do you wish to "skip" connecting to SN? Give SN some time and I'll bet you'll like it. SN has nowhere near the customization, flexibility or features offered in SC but SN is quite good for Internet Radio streaming.

BTW: Once your SB3 is registered on SN you can completely control the SB3 from your computer by simply logging into your SN account UI.