Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[ANN] Squeemote 1.2, now with device sync!

Thanks to a quick turnaround from Apple this week (only three days), I'm happy to announce that Squeemote 1.2 is now available. The biggest feature in this release is the new quick device selector and device sync functionality. There is also some added extras such as browse by genre and other UI tweaks, various bug fixes and performance improvements.

Here's a complete changelog:

* NEW: Device synching controls
    * NEW: Device power on/off toggle
    * NEW: Improved pop-up device selection screen
    * IMPROVED: Tweaked the current playlist UI and how it appears
    * NEW: Browse library by genre
    * NEW: Device mute control
    * NEW: Library browser tab order can be reordered
    * IMPROVED: Better data caching mechanism. Data is now initially cached on first load, and future cache updates are automatically downloaded in the background if a server rescan has taken place since the cache was last updated. Manual resyncs are no longer necessary
    * IMPROVED: Artists list is cached for improved performance
    * IMPROVED: Support for servers with authentication enabled when auto-detecting server, with a simple authentication dialog (no manual settings required other than username/password)
    * FIXED: bug where Squeemote would stop receiving updates after being locked for a period of time
    * FIXED: no longer makes more requests to the server than necessary to maintain state which should lead to better performance.
    * FIXED: playback timer would sometimes reset unexpectedly and become out of sync
    I've also pushed out a few changes to the Squeemote website. Enjoy the new release and if you've been holding off of trying out Squeemote because of its lack of device sync capabilities, I ask you to give it a try. Work on 1.3 has already begun in earnest.

Download Squeemote 1.2 from the iTunes Store
    Luke Redpath
    Freelance Ruby/Rails/iPhone Developer for hire.
    lukeredpath.co.uk | Squeemote - the iPhone SqueezeBox Remote

Thanks for the update, power toggle was top of my list. It works great now!

Quote Originally Posted by mmca22gr View Post
    Thanks for the update, power toggle was top of my list. It works great now!
    Was top of my list too!
    Luke Redpath

Just a quick note, I've updated the FAQs on the site with some instructions regarding the new device management screen.

http://lukeredpath.co.uk/squeemote/faq.html

If you've bought Squeemote and like it, I'd really appreciate any reviews you can leave on the iTunes store and if you've previously reviewed it and you feel it has changed for the better in recent releases, don't forget to update your reviews. Thanks.
    Luke Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath View Post
    Just a quick note, I've updated the FAQs on the site with some instructions regarding the new device management screen.

http://lukeredpath.co.uk/squeemote/faq.html

If you've bought Squeemote and like it, I'd really appreciate any reviews you can leave on the iTunes store and if you've previously reviewed it and you feel it has changed for the better in recent releases, don't forget to update your reviews. Thanks.
    Hi Luke,

Bought Squeemote when it first came out but was waiting for later versions before using it seriously, have now updated to v1.2 but are having problems in getting it to connect to server.

Auto search doesn't bring it up so I add in the manual details but it won't connect, IP/ports I believe are correct - any advice on how to get back this stage ?

I run SC on Ubuntu and have the latest version

Thanks
    Ian

Mmm I have had a few reports of connection problems today and to be honest I'm a bit baffled as I haven't seen this problem myself. Rest assured I'll be looking into why its happening and if there is a bug I'll have a fix out ASAP.
    Luke Redpath

A bug has been discovered in the artist sorting code that would cause artists to sometimes be sorted incorrectly or in some cases prevent the artists tab from displaying anything at all.

Thanks to the Squeemote user who helped me debug this problem by allowing me to connect to their SqueezeCenter to investigate the issue; this bug has now been fixed and a new release (1.2.1) has been submitted to Apple this evening.
    Luke Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by socistep View Post
    Hi Luke,

Bought Squeemote when it first came out but was waiting for later versions before using it seriously, have now updated to v1.2 but are having problems in getting it to connect to server.

Auto search doesn't bring it up so I add in the manual details but it won't connect, IP/ports I believe are correct - any advice on how to get back this stage ?

I run SC on Ubuntu and have the latest version

Thanks
    Ian
    Hi, I've just bought squeezemote and am having the same problem.

iPeng connects just fine to my ReadyNAS Duo running SqueezeCenter 7.2.

Any thoughts?

Same problem, updated to latest, can't connect. I was using manual entries. Also is there a way to force using manual entries as vista can't resolve the names aparently. I
    Would rather not be asked every
    Time. Preferre yr app to ipeng
    Regards,
    Andrew

SB3 Digital output to Meridian DSP 7000's, 5000c, 565Z3
    " Analog to Systemline speakers

It's very hard for me to debug this kind of thing from my end so I'd be very grateful if somebody experience connection problems would be willing to give me access to their server over the net (temporarily) so I can try and debug the issue. Ideally somebody in UK for timezone reasons.

If anybody can do this and will be around between 7pm-midnight GMT, please email me, luke AT lukeredpath.co.uk. Anybody who can help me out will get an adhoc build once the issue has been resolved to tide you over until the fixed release is on the app store. Thanks.
    Luke Redpath