Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Ok. So, for now, you have a choice:

1. Leave it in "wife-friendly" mode, enjoying the convenience of not having to press "play" every time you turn it on and hoping for no power outages in the middle of the night, or

2. Change it to "Remain stopped at power on", putting up with having to press "play" but being able to fall asleep knowing you will not wake up in the middle of the night to AC/DC at high volume. 😱

Speaking of volume, maybe you could just lower the initial volume on the Quick Select definition but then you'd have to press the "Volume up" button after turning it on manually so ...

All in all, I think I would have to categorize this issue as a "first-world problem". 🤣 However, if you want to pursue it further, do the following:

* Turn the SB off
    * Turn on debug for the plugin
    * Turn the SB on and wait for music
    * Turn the SB off
    * Unplug the SB and wait 30 secs
    * Plug the SB back in and wait for music
    * Turn debug off and upload the log file
    Sam

Greetings, fellow Denonites. (I have yet to encounter anyone using the plugin with a Marantz AVR.) I have made a small change in the upcoming release of the plugin that fixes what I once regarded as a minor shortcoming. As you may have noticed, when initiating playback of a song or playlist on a player connected to an AVR that is currently turned off, the first few seconds of music are skipped as the plugin powers on the AVR, initiates the Quick Select command, and syncs the volume, among other things. The duration of the missing audio is primarily dependent on the delay values selected in the plugin settings, but will typically be anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds. As mentioned previously, I saw this as little more than an annoyance until recently when I installed and began using a handy little Android app called LMS Connect, which allows a Tidal or Qobuz subscriber to launch playback of streaming content to a SB player directly from the Android app of the respective streaming service without using an LMS client. Although there is robust LMS plugin support for both services, the native Android apps offer much more in the way of both usability and background content and, as a new Qobuz subscriber (having just switched from Tidal), I found LMS Connect to be a useful tool for ad-hoc previewing of the tons of hi-res content available there. The only problem was those missing few seconds at the beginning of playback when the AVR was currently powered off. So, to make a long story longer, I made a change that causes playback to be delayed until the AVR is turned on and ready. It works regardless of how the playback is initiated. If anyone would like to beta test it in advance of the next release, let me know and I will upload the changed modules. In any case, check out the LMS Connect app if you are an Android user who subscribes to Tidal or Qobuz.

Regards,
    Sam

Hi SamY,

Glad you are still at trying to solve "first world" problems and polishing what's already is a pretty shinny plugin. As always, sure I can give a new version once-over, but there's already something in the queue, and maybe that was unintended. I received an update to version 4.3.1 notification, but the update is not going through successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    Hi SamY,

Glad you are still at trying to solve "first world" problems and polishing what's already is a pretty shinny plugin. As always, sure I can give a new version once-over, but there's already something in the queue, and maybe that was unintended. I received an update to version 4.3.1 notification, but the update is not going through successfully.
    Yes, there is currently "a glitch in the system" regarding the v4.3.1 update, which contains the change outlined in my previous post as well as a couple of minor bug fixes. The problem should be resolved soon by an upcoming v4.3.2 update. In the meantime, it can be circumvented by removing the two extra directory levels in the plugin directory under DenonAvpControl -- i.e. DenonAvpControl_4_3_1 and the other DenonAvpControl, so that all the plugin files and the HTML directory are directly under the top DenonAvpControl directory. Sorry for the mixup.
    Sam

V4.3.2 is now available. Please report any problems or questions here. Thanks.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    V4.3.2 is now available. Please report any problems or questions here. Thanks.
    Sorry for the long delay.

Sam, there's no good news about this version on my system. Most of the time the power-on sequence executes but no play is initiated. Most of the times, when the "play" is pressed, the server becomes unavailable (red icon), and only sometimes it recovers on its own. The connection to the server gets restored when AVR is powered off manually, only to be powered on by the plugin a few seconds later, and the whole loop repeats itself. After some time, the LMS server gets trashed so badly that it locks up and cannot be even restarted. Here, with this version, LMS playback through Denon is no longer possible in my system. BTW, my configuration has changed. Now LMS is going into the main zone, preset 2, but that part (power-on and setup) works well, FWIW
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here, with this version, LMS playback through Denon is no longer possible in my system. BTW, my configuration has changed. Now LMS is going into the main zone, preset 2, but that part (power-on and setup) works well, FWIW
    Sam, please re-enable the previous version.

Thanks

Sam, please re-enable the previous version.

Thanks
    Sorry for your problems. As usual, I will need a debug log of the problem to see what is happening. If I don't see anything obvious, I'll get you a zip file of v4.3 to use in the meantime.

Edit: I didn't see that you attached a debug log. I'll take a look and get back to you.
    Last edited by SamY; 2021-12-10 at 18:04.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    Sorry for your problems. As usual, I will need a debug log of the problem to see what is happening. If I don't see anything obvious, I'll get you a zip file of v4.3 to use in the meantime.
    Yes, that will do, Sam. Thanks. And, no problems at all. I know what I'm potentially up to. Let me know if you'd need more than just the debug log from the plugin.

Yes, that will do, Sam. Thanks. And, no problems at all. I know what I'm potentially up to. Let me know if you'd need more than just the debug log from the plugin.
    Okay. I see where the problem is happening and it seems to be specific to Windows, which is why it didn't occur during my testing. The plugin is basically going into a loop at a certain point. The place where it occurs is in a non-critical housekeeping routine that was introduced in this release and that can be eliminated completely if needed. If you're willing, however, I'd like you to test with a syntax change that MIGHT take care of the problem. If it still occurs, then I will disable the subroutine for the time being until I can do further testing on a Windows platform. In either case, a new release will need to be created. If you could run a test with the attached replacement module, I would be grateful. You can just copy it over the existing module in the plugin directory since you will not need the old one again. If the problem still happens, let me know and I will send another copy with the problem subroutine disabled. Thanks for your help. EDIT: You will need to restart LMS after replacing the module.

UPDATE: I have been able to recreate the problem running LMS on Windows 10. It seems to be a bug in Windows that I cannot easily circumvent. Therefore, I have disabled the offending subroutine and will upload a new version of the associated module for use with Windows until the next release of the plugin. No action is necessary at this time for those running LMS on non-Windows machines. See my latest post for instructions on installing the new Windows module.
    Last edited by SamY; 2021-12-13 at 18:30. Reason: Removed the attachment and updated the description
    Sam