Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    I would like you to go back to v4.0 and run the same power on sequence with debug on so I can see if the timeouts are happening there too but being compensated for in some way.
    All appears to be running fine in V4.0, as before.

server.log(21).zip

Regards, David
    Serverrpi3 pCP7.0.1 LMS8.1.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    All appears to be running fine in V4.0, as before.

server.log(21).zip

Regards, David
    While it may appear to be running fine with v4.0, that is only because the Quick Select is not being retried. It is still timing out after 5 seconds. Btw, I have no idea what the QZ appearing on your AVR display means and could find nothing by googling it. Is there a possibility that you have somehow deleted the Quick Select 3 definition for Zone 2 in your AVR? If that were the case, it would result in a timeout of the Z2QUICK3 command. I went back and looked at one of your previous debug logs from a month ago and you were getting a response time of a little over 2 seconds for that command then. In any case, I know now that the new code is not causing the timeout. It's just that the plugin is reacting differently to it now. I'm not sure if raising the timeout interval even higher would be productive except for seeing how long the AVR is actually taking to respond now. Can you think of any reason that your network response time might be that much slower now than a month ago? It's a little suspicious that both you and Mars are seeing the timeouts happening on the same Z2QUICK3 command, but I really don't think the reason has anything to do with the plugin. Mars was able to significantly reduce his response times previously be resetting his AVR, which I asked him to try again. In my next beta update, which should be coming in the next few days, I will increase the timeout interval value to something ridiculous like 30 seconds for testing purposes. Until then, keep running v4.0 and, as always, thanks for your help.
    Sam

While it may appear to be running fine with v4.0, that is only because the Quick Select is not being retried. It is still timing out after 5 seconds. Btw, I have no idea what the QZ appearing on your AVR display means and could find nothing by googling it. Is there a possibility that you have somehow deleted the Quick Select 3 definition for Zone 2 in your AVR? If that were the case, it would result in a timeout of the Z2QUICK3 command. I went back and looked at one of your previous debug logs from a month ago and you were getting a response time of a little over 2 seconds for that command then. In any case, I know now that the new code is not causing the timeout. It's just that the plugin is reacting differently to it now. I'm not sure if raising the timeout interval even higher would be productive except for seeing how long the AVR is actually taking to respond now. Can you think of any reason that your network response time might be that much slower now than a month ago? It's a little suspicious that both you and Mars are seeing the timeouts happening on the same Z2QUICK3 command, but I really don't think the reason has anything to do with the plugin. Mars was able to significantly reduce his response times previously be resetting his AVR, which I asked him to try again. In my next beta update, which should be coming in the next few days, I will increase the timeout interval value to something ridiculous like 30 seconds for testing purposes. Until then, keep running v4.0 and, as always, thanks for your help.
    There was a possibility that I had inadvertently affected Z2QS when I was having problems with 4.1 beta so have reset Z2QS and it appeared to work well.New log server.log(22).zip to look at.

Regards, David
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    There was a possibility that I had inadvertently affected Z2QS when I was having problems with 4.1 beta so have reset Z2QS and it appeared to work well.New log server.log(22).zip to look at.

Regards, David
    It's a little hard to see it in the debug log due to all the YouTube plugin errors but your Quick Select is still timing out, David. As an experiment, try changing the Zone 2 input to something other than your Squeezebox player and then turn the AVR off before powering on the SB, the purpose being to see if the Quick Select command is actually being executed correctly despite the timeout. Although everything appears to work from a functionality standpoint, the QS timeout results in a failure to initially synch the SB volume to that of the AVR.
    Sam

New v4.1 beta version

Okay. I think this is the one. (Warning: I once said that about my ex-wife.)

After much thought and a few 'aha!' moments, I have come up with some significant changes in the communications logic of the plugin that I think will result in much greater stability and less dependence on the nature and timing of AVR responses. The bottom line is that all zones will now support synching player volume to the AVR, both at startup and optionally on track changes. In addition, all zones support the re-execution of the Quick Select command when the client 'pause' button is tapped twice quickly within .25 seconds, depending on the client app. It has been tested and works with Squeezer and SqueezeCtrl. The usefulness of this function is debatable but it can be handy in situations where the AVR source has been temporarily changed. Timeouts on the Quick Select command, which seem to be more common in secondary zones for some reason, should now be handled in a manner that is mostly transparent to the user. I have found that, in most cases, the QS commands complete successfully even if the AVR is late responding to it.

So here are TWO replacement modules to be copied to the beta v4.1 plugin directory. I am hopeful that your results will be much better than with the previous version. Good luck!
    Sam

Timeouts on the Quick Select command, which seem to be more common in secondary zones for some reason, should now be handled in a manner that is mostly transparent to the user. I have found that, in most cases, the QS commands complete successfully even if the AVR is late responding to it.
    This is what I've observed as well; the QS message is displayed on the AVR, but the command is still timing out even after AVR reset. All other commands (track, volume changes, etc.) seem (almost) instantaneous.

Although I'm late, I'm attaching the last server log, and I'm going to test your latest changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay. I think this is the one. (Warning: I once said that about my ex-wife.)
    So, here's the latest. All looks OK. The QS is still timing out, but it's being handled (ignored?).

BTW, I don't know about the others, but for me, because my Z2 is dedicated to Music (LMS), and it's so preset, having the QS setting enabled or not makes no difference. Just FYI.

Thank you for another fortification of the code!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    So, here's the latest. All looks OK. The QS is still timing out, but it's being handled (ignored?).

BTW, I don't know about the others, but for me, because my Z2 is dedicated to Music (LMS), and it's so preset, having the QS setting enabled or not makes no difference. Just FYI.

Thank you for another fortification of the code!
    Thanks, Mars. What version of the plugin were you running? It looks like v4.0? Please install the v4.1 beta from Github and then update DenonAvpComms.pm and Plugin.pm from the attached files below. The new version doesn't just ignore QS timeouts; it detects them and then proactively syncs the player volume to the AVR volume in the same way that it is done for the main zone. As I said, this is all done behind the scenes and should be transparent to the user. I tested using the dummy Zone 2 on my AVR, but I'd like to see some debug of a real-world situation.
    Sam

It's a little hard to see it in the debug log due to all the YouTube plugin errors but your Quick Select is still timing out, David. As an experiment, try changing the Zone 2 input to something other than your Squeezebox player and then turn the AVR off before powering on the SB, the purpose being to see if the Quick Select command is actually being executed correctly despite the timeout. Although everything appears to work from a functionality standpoint, the QS timeout results in a failure to initially synch the SB volume to that of the AVR.
    As suggested I set the Zone 2 input to another input (TV) and then turned it off. Turned on LMS and when amp responded it had selected correct volume and input (LMS) as per the Z2QS. It may be messy in the log but it gets there!

Cheers, David
    MediaUSB hard drive

GitHub source updated

I updated the beta package file for 4.1 in GitHub with @SamY latest fixes.

https://github.com/aesculus/denonavp...ontrol_4_1.zip
    Chris