Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trufy View Post
    There was a long summer break where i wasnt really motivated to sit behind the Screen :-). Now i saw your Plugin and tested it. Its' great! I used the LS110 in Telnet Server mode with a COM Port Redirector. I was unable to Adress the LS110 diectly from your Plugin using IP. Perhaps i have to setup the LS110 differently. There is also an UDP Server and TCP Server mode. When i use it with the COMO Port Redirector Software, it seems to work for a few minutes, then the plugin Stops sending "Orders". I will try to Debug to find out what could be cause. I would prefer to use IP Access directly...
    I'll keep you up to date.
    OK, great. I've seen the "just stops working" problem with my USB-serial adapter, though normally it takes a few days for that to happen. I'm trying to find & fix that bug, as I find it really annoying, too.

The TCP support should be better in the latest release, 0.1.22. I wasn't being very careful about the CR line endings in earlier releases, but now I am. And I've written a fake TCP server app to better test this.

Finally, I'm going to start a new thread on this to keep Chris' cleaner. Oh, and I put up a web page that links to Chris' plugin; I expect anyone with an Ethernet-equipped Denon would probably be better served by Chris' plugin, especially while I try to fix that "just stops working" bug.

Thanks!
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Problems after upgrade to 7.4

Hi!

I really like this plugin but after I upgraded to 7.4 it stop working
    the plugin page just wants to reboot squeezebox server over and over again.
    And i cant activate the plugin at all.. Is it just my install that got bricked or is
    there anyone else that have this problem?

I┤m wondering also if its possible to make a selection in the config so
    i can release the control over the denons volume and just adjust the
    squezzebox volume. And also make it select the right input on the reciver?

/peter

Quote Originally Posted by pidde View Post
    Hi!

I really like this plugin but after I upgraded to 7.4 it stop working
    the plugin page just wants to reboot squeezebox server over and over again.
    And i cant activate the plugin at all.. Is it just my install that got bricked or is
    there anyone else that have this problem?

I┤m wondering also if its possible to make a selection in the config so
    i can release the control over the denons volume and just adjust the
    squezzebox volume. And also make it select the right input on the reciver?

/peter
    Peter: I have not upgraded to 7.4 yet so I have not had a chance to test it. This may be a few weeks before I can get this done because of workload and that my NAS that SC is on is out for repair.

The plugin does not allow you to adjust the SB volume in place of the Denons. I suppose in this scenario you only wanted to turn the Denon on/off? If you want you can go into the plugin code and comment out the line that sends the volume request.

Look for the line:

Code:
    Plugins::DenonAvpControl::DenonAvpComms::SendNetAvpVol
    and put a # in the first column to disable that command

You will then need to reinstall the plugin.pm file into the plugin area and restart your sc.

The way I select the correct input on the receiver is to use one of the QuickSelect options (1-3) if available on the receiver. Most Denons have this. The plugin will let you choose one of the three or none and this does more than just set the correct input but all the settings you want to have set for playback with the SB. Check it out.
    Last edited by Aesculus; 2009-09-30 at 14:59.
    Chris

Now Supports SBS 7.4

I was finally able to upgrade my system to SBS 7.41 and the plugin now supports SBS 7.4x. The only real change was to the repo.xml file.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by trufy View Post
    I have a Denon 2807 amp who has the serial interface. I use a Sena LS110 Serial to ethernet converter to access my amp by ethernet. I can control it with telnet with the same commands as the AVP. But when i debug the avp Control plugin, i have the following error
    Stephane,

I just released a new version of DenonSerial that I've tested the network capabilities of. I tested with a Windows XP machine running VSPE to provide a TCP/telnet interface like what the Sena servers give you. In my brief testing, it worked fine (and is probably the first version of DenonSerial that would truly work with your Sena hardware). Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you, preferably in the DenonSerial thread I started.

-Peter
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

There is a new version 1.5

The new version supports changing the audio settings on the DENON AVP/AVR during playback with the use of the native iPeng application. A special set of iPeng player settings menus have been made for this purpose.
    Chris

First of all, great plugin.

I've got it to work on my denon AVR-3310. The only thing it does not do is when i use my squeezebox classic remote to raise the volume, nothing happens on the denon. I would have assumed it would raise the volume but it does not.

When i play a song, it automaticly start my denon and switches to quick zone 3 as intended. That works all fine.

I do have to note that i have my install running on a qnap 809 pro nas. But that should not really be a problem i presume. I did see some debug related things in earlier posts, can i turn something like that on to see what it is doing to check whats happening?

Quote Originally Posted by riemers View Post
    First of all, great plugin.

I've got it to work on my denon AVR-3310. The only thing it does not do is when i use my squeezebox classic remote to raise the volume, nothing happens on the denon. I would have assumed it would raise the volume but it does not.

When i play a song, it automaticly start my denon and switches to quick zone 3 as intended. That works all fine.

I do have to note that i have my install running on a qnap 809 pro nas. But that should not really be a problem i presume. I did see some debug related things in earlier posts, can i turn something like that on to see what it is doing to check whats happening?
    There seems to be a problem with some players and I have not figured out why yet. I am currently doing some debugging here. If you don't mind losing the audio settings menus you can try version 1.4 which seems to work fine. Not sure why there is a difference.

EDIT: We now know why there is a problem with volume control and the plugin. It is only when the volume is fixed at 100% and you are using iPeng version 1.2 and 1.2.1. Fix on the way
    Last edited by Aesculus; 2010-02-01 at 23:11.
    Chris

There is a known problem with this plugin and iPeng 1.2 and 1.2.1 when you have the volume set to 100% fixed. In this configuration iPeng will turn off the volume control on the player. We are working on a fix for this and hope to have it in the next version of iPeng post 1.2.1. In the mean time you will have to set your player to other than 100% volume if you wish to use this plugin to control the volume on the player.
    Last edited by Aesculus; 2010-02-01 at 23:10.
    Chris

I can't access to the setting. The link doesn't appear on the plugin tab ...