Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    The receiver is not responding to a request for the power status of the Zone 2 amp. Since the plugin does work if the receiver is already turned on, and powers it off successfully, I would suspect that the receiver is not set up to stay powered on in standby mode, which is a requirement of using network control to turn it on.
    Another successful fix without a line of code being changed. :-)
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
    Another successful fix without a line of code being changed. :-)
    Lol!! Yeah. We're getting pretty good at this, huh? 👏
    Sam

Hey, Chris. Have you had a chance to run any tests using lower quick select delays to see what the minimum value is that works for you? Or do you think that we should just go ahead with enforcing a minimum of 1 second in the code and assume that your case is an outlier? I could see going either way. It's your call. Other than that, I'm ready to upload the "final" version of 3.0 with your copyright changes included. I'll hold off on supporting quick select in other zones until a future release.
    Sam

Hey, Chris. Have you had a chance to run any tests using lower quick select delays to see what the minimum value is that works for you? Or do you think that we should just go ahead with enforcing a minimum of 1 second in the code and assume that your case is an outlier? I could see going either way. It's your call. Other than that, I'm ready to upload the "final" version of 3.0 with your copyright changes included. I'll hold off on supporting quick select in other zones until a future release.
    I set it to 3 seconds and that worked. Good enough for me.
    Chris

I set it to 3 seconds and that worked. Good enough for me.
    Ok. The fact that a 1-second delay works for my 11-year-old AVR should mean that it will be fine for most users. Have you had any other problems since installing the new changes?
    Sam

Ok. The fact that a 1-second delay works for my 11-year-old AVR should mean that it will be fine for most users. Have you had any other problems since installing the new changes?
    Nope. Seems to work fine for me.
    Chris

Nope. Seems to work fine for me.
    I have uploaded what I hope will be the final updates for v3.0. The changes from the previous version are minor:

1. Incorporate updates to the copyright info and change log

2. Remove the enforcement of a minimum 1 sec delay before power on unless the power on sequence is triggered by a command other than an explicit "power on" client command such as "play" or "next song", in which case a minimum 3-sec delay will be enforced in order to minimize callback conflicts.

3. Change the minimum delay before quick select from 1 sec to 2 secs in order to add a margin of safety to Denon's recommendation of waiting at least 1 sec after power on before the next command.

Still looking for feedback from beta testers, especially those with Marantz or recent (newer than 2010) Denon AVR models.

Cheers!
    Sam

Does this plugin also work if my PiCore player is outputting audio through HDMI?

Quote Originally Posted by Slash303 View Post
    Does this plugin also work if my PiCore player is outputting audio through HDMI?
    It certainly should, as long as the other end of that HDMI cable is connected to one of the inputs of a network-capable Denon or Marantz AVR. Give it a try!
    Sam

At the risk of jinxing it, I have not experienced even the slightest hiccup in my testing of the latest code drop (the sound you hear is me knocking on wood). In fact, after spending so much time coding and debugging over the previous week or two, I'm getting bored. I see that a few people have downloaded the changes. Any feedback? If not, I will assume that the plugin has achieved the state of software perfection. 🕉️ 😁
    Sam