Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    Hi, Patrick. Chris and I have both been pretty busy lately but I wanted you to know that this feature has been coded and tested, and will be in the next release of the plugin. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Sam & Chris, you have been doing an amazing job with this plugin, really appreciated! It is working extremely well, and despite my initial hesitancy regarding the SBT and amp not being controlled simultaneously for volume level I am loving the way it is now set up... when the SBT is swithched on the amp is pre-set to my selected volume, and SBT is volume controlled, is working very well! Thanks!

By the way, having an option to leave the amp turned on when closing SBT down is a good one but not an urgent one for me.

Cheers, David
    Serverrpi3 pCP7.0.1 LMS8.1.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Glad to hear that the plugin is working out well for you, David. And thanks for the positive feedback. It's very much appreciated.
    Sam

V4.2 beta release

The first beta release of v4.2 is now available for download. The new features include:

1. The client plugin menu (Main Zone only) has been expanded to include the following new functions:

• Channel volume sliders

• AVR preamp output level slider when the player is in variable output level mode (i.e. not controlling the AVR volume)

Note: the client plugin menu is currently certified for use only with the Squeezer and iPeng client apps.

2. When the SB player is turned off, the AVR will only be powered off if the current AVR input is the one associated with the player. (Main zone only)

There are also numerous bug fixes and improvements, including enhanced network error handling, the ability to specify the max AVR volume in relative (+/- dB) format in the plugin setup menu, and better support for on-the-fly switching between fixed and variable player output volume via the client settings "Audio" menu.

The zip file can be found here.

Please post any problems, questions, or comments here and thanks for your ongoing support.

Update: Client menu support for adjusting the AVR preamp volume level when the player is in variable output mode has been extended to all zones. If anyone would like to test this feature before the next beta release, let me know and I will provide an update.

Update #2: Client menu support for channel volume sliders is now also extended to all zones. Of course, there will be only two sliders for secondary zones, one for the left channel and one for the right. Again, I can provide updated files for both of these features on request.
    Last edited by SamY; 2021-08-11 at 13:07.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    The first beta release of v4.2 is now available for download. The new features include:

1. When the SB player is turned off, the AVR will only be powered off if the current AVR input is the one associated with the player. (Main zone only)
    Guys,
    I did the first testing today and this new feature is working.
    Thanks again for improving the plugin. Great job
    -
    Patrick

I see the option a new option (ii did not see it earlier) Multi channel stereo.
    I've set this on 5.1

The question is, what does it do ?
    The SB is stereo and i've set my Denon on Multi Channel Stereo.
    Must i set my Denon on 5.1 or auto and get Multi Channel Stereo ?
    -
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by madpatrick View Post
    I see the option a new option (ii did not see it earlier) Multi channel stereo.
    I've set this on 5.1

The question is, what does it do ?
    The SB is stereo and i've set my Denon on Multi Channel Stereo.
    Must i set my Denon on 5.1 or auto and get Multi Channel Stereo ?
    Hi Patrick. This is indeed a new option, and is used by the plugin to determine how many channels to display in the new channel volume client settings menu available for the main zone. It will not change the behavior or settings of your Denon. If your SB is connected to the main zone of the Denon and there are no surround speakers connected, use the default setting of 3.1, which indicates that you are using the Denon in stereo mode, with an optional center channel and/or subwoofer. If you do have surround speakers, use 5.1. If you have an additional pair of effects speakers, choose the appropriate 7.1 setting. Sorry for the confusion. This information will be added to the wiki pages for the 4.2 general release.
    Sam

V4.2 is now live

The general release of v4.2 is now available. The changes include:

1. The client plugin menu has been expanded to include the following new functions:

• Channel volume sliders (all zones)

• AVR preamp output level slider when the player is in variable output level mode (i.e. not controlling the AVR volume) (all zones)

Note: the client plugin menu is currently certified for use only with the Squeezer and iPeng client apps.

2. When the SB player is turned off, the AVR will only be powered off if the current AVR input is the one associated with the player. (Main zone only)

There are also numerous bug fixes and improvements, including enhanced network error handling, the ability to specify the max AVR volume in relative (+/- dB) format in the plugin setup menu, more robust handling of multiple AVR's and/or zones in concurrent use, and better support for on-the-fly switching between fixed and variable player output volume via the client settings "Audio" menu.

If you are using Squeezer or iPeng and haven't tried the client plugin menu support there, give it a try. It can be very handy during listening sessions. Just remember to check the "Enable audio settings menus" in the "Player->DenonAVP/AVR Control" menu for each player using the plugin.

Please post any problems, questions, or comments here. On behalf of Chris and myself, thanks for your continued support.
    Sam

It's too quiet out there. 🤔 Can someone verify that the plugin has been updated to v4.2 on their LMS? I'm not very familiar with how the update process works and could use some feedback. Thanks.
    Sam

Hi Sam,

I've currently version 4.2 installed on my LMS, but i had already the manual update done this weekend.
    So i can not confirm if the update was carried out, but since the version was already 4.2 i think it skipped the auto update
    -
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by madpatrick View Post
    Hi Sam,

I've currently version 4.2 installed on my LMS, but i had already the manual update done this weekend.
    So i can not confirm if the update was carried out, but since the version was already 4.2 i think it skipped the auto update
    Okay. I was afraid that might happen. Anyone who installed the v4.2 beta release should download the "official" v4.2 zip file from here and manually update the changed modules, which should be 'plugin.pm' and 'DenonAvpComms.pm'. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If anyone who did NOT install the v4.2 beta is not getting updated to v4.2, please let me know. Thanks.
    Sam