Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Alarm volume is 'persistent'

Hi all,

New Boom owner, and pretty pleased with it so far. However, one minor 'gripe'

I like to have Internet radio playing as I go to sleep. This plays at a volume of 10 or so, making it a low level background. However, I have the alarm set to 50, as I want it loud to wake me up.

The problem is the next time I use the Boom to play back something, the volume is still at 50, which is a little loud!

Is there any way to have the volume revert back to the previous 'playback' volume once the alarm has been cancelled? If not, could this be implemented?

Thanks

Andy

Check out the ResetVolume plugin. It's in the extension downloader if you are running SC 7.3 or higher. Otherwise, get it here: http://koldware.com/SlimStuff/
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by adhawkins View Post
    Is there any way to have the volume revert back to the previous 'playback' volume once the alarm has been cancelled? If not, could this be implemented?
    The Boom currently does revert to its previous volume level after the alarm is cancelled, unless (as I've discovered) (a) you change the volume as the alarm is occurring, or (b) a second alarm occurs before the first one is cancelled. I'm sure there are other things that can prevent the volume reversion, but it is supposed to work the way you want.

Plugins aren't necessary for this; it's built in.

Ah, that's probably it. I've got two alarms set, ten minutes apart. I guess I don't need this with the Boom as I can set the snooze time to what I want.

I'll give that a go.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by tdnuerf View Post
    The Boom currently does revert to its previous volume level after the alarm is cancelled, unless (as I've discovered) (a) you change the volume as the alarm is occurring, or (b) a second alarm occurs before the first one is cancelled. I'm sure there are other things that can prevent the volume reversion, but it is supposed to work the way you want.

Plugins aren't necessary for this; it's built in.
    I am experiencing the opposite problem as the OP. I go to sleep listening at low level and have the alarm set to a news radio station at a higher level. When I wake up from the alarm and have heard the news, I switch to playing music files usually at the same volume as the alarm volume. I thought that that action (switching radio/music) would cancel the alarm, but I find that after the set alarm time (60 min.) the volume is automatically switched back to its previous state, i.e. the low go-to-sleep volume (which makes me wonder if the playback has stopped completely).

How do one go about to cancel the alarm completely and have the volume stay at the alarm volume? Is it enough just to adjust the alarm volume slightly as I switch to playing music files?

Edit: I should mention that the alarm is set on a SBR, not a Boom (sorry about posting in the Boom section, but I was happy to find a thread with something perhaps related to the issue I am experiencing), and that I only use SC, not SN.
    Last edited by vagskal; 2009-03-09 at 09:44. Reason: Additional info