Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Scan Includes Playlist Songs

I have recently switched from having iTunes control my SC library to SC controling it. My problem is SC is adding the 1100 songs I have in playlists to the music library. If I look at albums I have many double entries with the second entry containing the playlist songs for that album. I keep my playlists in a folder that is not even on the same drive as the music files. I am running SC 7.3.1 on a XP computer. Doe anyone know how to fix this? Thank You.

JDB
    SB3/Parasound C2/A51/PSB CHS60's/CHS40/Triad Gold Dipole Inwall Surrounds/Triad Inwall Silver Sub.
    SB3/Conrad Johnson D/A 2-B Tubed DAC/Arcam FMJ A32/Monitor Audio Silver S6

I would think there's either a shortcut to your playlists folder within the music folder that Sc is scanning, or you've got the location of the playlsit folder entered in SC's settings somewhere.

SC follows any shortcuts it finds when scanning and adds any files it finds at the end of the rainbow.
    Win7 > iTunes 10.5 > SBS 7.5.4 > iPeng > Squeezebox 3 / Boom / iPhone > ears

Moley,

Thanks for the info. I am creating my playlists as m3u files converted from the iTunes xml file. This must be the problem, for some reason SC is reading these files and adding the songs to the library. I either need to stop this from happening or find a better way to create playlists. My problem is my entire library is Apple Lossless files. Who knew?
    Last edited by jdbaker; 2009-01-30 at 10:51.
    SB3/Parasound C2/A51/PSB CHS60's/CHS40/Triad Gold Dipole Inwall Surrounds/Triad Inwall Silver Sub.
    SB3/Conrad Johnson D/A 2-B Tubed DAC/Arcam FMJ A32/Monitor Audio Silver S6