Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

how to record radio

I use a couple of squeezeboxes and SqueezeCenter. Is is possible to record some of the online radio as digital on the hard-drive that is hosting SqueezeCenter?

Thank

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martinc View Post
    I use a couple of squeezeboxes and SqueezeCenter. Is is possible to record some of the online radio as digital on the hard-drive that is hosting SqueezeCenter?
    Take a look at streamripper (http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/)
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.2 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad

There may be other choices too, depending on your PC's operating system.

Screamer Radio is a Windows program that lets you listen to (and record) internet radio:

www.screamer-radio.com

There are thousands of preset stations included, plus you can add the URL for other stations.

There are heaps of programmes that do this, but I'd love to be able to record it from the Squeezebox as it is playing. That way the download is limited as I'm recording as I'm listening, as opposed to using a separate computer programme that is downloading as well as the SB.

Anyone know how to do this? Could it be as simple as pointing a Windows based URL ripper (such as SimpleRipper) to the SqueezeCentre streaming URL (server:9000/stream.mp3)?
    Last edited by amey01; 2009-10-19 at 03:55.

MrSinatra
    in theory that should work, but you'd have to start and stop it separately of SBS.

what i want is a program you can set like a vcr or tivo to record streams when you want it to.