Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox won't start up-vista

Hi new poster here. Have had squeezebox for a while but went through some issues after changing internet providers. I figured the wireless issues out but now I can't get the squeezecenter to start on my pc. I see the icon in the system tray and it continually shows the message "squeezecenter starting" but it never does start. Last time to get it to work I had to uninstall and reinstall. I don't want to have to keep doing that. I have a Vista operating system.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I struggled with the SC starting... thing a lot on multiple win2k installs, but since going to XP I haven't seen the problem.

This has been discussed a lot, so you might try a search on the forums for: vista starting, or similar. If nothing rings a bell give support a call or email.
    'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
    -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by mrpotto View Post
    Hi new poster here. Have had squeezebox for a while but went through some issues after changing internet providers. I figured the wireless issues out but now I can't get the squeezecenter to start on my pc. I see the icon in the system tray and it continually shows the message "squeezecenter starting" but it never does start. Last time to get it to work I had to uninstall and reinstall. I don't want to have to keep doing that. I have a Vista operating system.

Any thoughts?
    I have no trouble with Squeezecenter on Vista Ultimate 32. Which version of Squeezecenter are you using? I would give it one more go of uninstalling and re-installing.

I suggest downloading the latest version of 7.3.2 from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...k_v2009-01-11/

When you have un-installed via Add/Remove Programs go to c:\Programs and check if the Squeezecenter file is gone.
    If yes, fine; if not, delete it.
    Now go to c:\Program Data (not at my vista computer now so name may be a little diff.)
    Delete the Squeezecentre file there: it contains the cache etc.

I would now reboot the computer to ensure you get a nice clean install. When rebooted, install Squeezecenter 7.3.2 (version no is 24612).

good luck, kesey.