Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Quote Originally Posted by robinbowes View Post
    I really should revisit this and update the instructions. Sadly, not much time at the moment, receivers all on storage, and no Windows or Linux machines at home just now.

One day...
    I'm just very grateful you made it, still host it, and it works!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    2 x Booms, 2 x Players, 2 x Touch, 4 x Joggler, LMS 7.7.6-113 running on Synology D712+

I've been trying for days but I keep getting timeouts for the projects.robinbowes.com website... Has it been discontinued? Is there any other online resource documenting this great tool?

Quote Originally Posted by 4NKoen View Post
    I've been trying for days but I keep getting timeouts for the projects.robinbowes.com website... Has it been discontinued? Is there any other online resource documenting this great tool?
    Hi,

It's now at https://github.com/robinbowes/net-udap

R.
    Net-UDAP is free software - you do not have to pay for it.
    However, if you found it useful, please consider donating:
    https://paypal.me/RobinBowes

Quote Originally Posted by robinbowes View Post
    Great, thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by wcndave View Post
    Thanks for the response and for looking!

I did try that now (AV said it was safe), however got errors when running it

Code:
    UDAP> d
    info: *** Broadcasting adv_discovery message to MAC address 00:00:00:00:00:00 on 255.255.255.255
    Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 57, <FIN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 67, <FIN> line 1.
    Supplied string has length0(expected length: 6) at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line 296
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line 297, <FIN> line 1.
    info:   adv_discovery response received from
    Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 57, <FIN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 67, <FIN> line 1.
    Supplied string has length0(expected length: 6) at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line 358
    mac not found in msg at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Shell.pm line 156
    UDAP>
    Then I found an old post where I had done this 6 years ago, using tortoise and some other tools, but no details.

I tried the ubuntu code in a docker container, however I think the network structure doesn't work, as it didn't find it.

So then I found an old netbook with Lubuntu on it, and that worked.

I had to modify the steps from @cmmh somewhat.

Code:
    sudo bash
    git clone https://github.com/robinbowes/net-udap.git
    cd net-udap
    apt install cpanminus
    apt install make
    apt install gcc
    cpanm Log::StdLog
    cpanm Term::Shell
    cpanm Class::Accessor
    cpanm IO::Interface::Simple
    scripts/udap_shell.pl
    I am going to have to bookmark this for future!

Thanks again
    I'm a bit late to the party but I'm currently making changes to my home network setup, meaning I have to modify the network configuration in my trusty old SBR almost a decade after the initial conf. I'm running the Windows udap_shell_1_0_0.exe and I'm getting the same errors as above. I tried the discover and list commands and they give me OK responses. However I'm a bit hesitant to do a conf with these errors, I don't understand what they mean. Can I just push ahead and do a conf for my new network setup? Do I need to fix these errors first and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Edit: I worked around the issue by running udap_shell.pl on the NAS that also has LMS running on it. I'd still would like to know what the errors mean, if they are blocking for correct operation of the Windows executable and if they can be fixed. But in the meantime my SBR is fully operational again on my new network setup .
    Last edited by 4NKoen; 2021-06-25 at 10:47.