Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    What system are you trying to run UDAP on. If a Windows system just use the .exe file. The Windows .exe file of Net::UDAP is self contained file with all the Pearl stuff integrated. When you run Net::UDAP the receiver needs to be ethernet cable attached to your router and then put into factory reset (long press on front button until you get the fast red blink, about 15 seconds).
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    What system are you trying to run UDAP on. If a Windows system just use the .exe file. The Windows .exe file of Net::UDAP is self contained file with all the Pearl stuff integrated. When you run Net::UDAP the receiver needs to be ethernet cable attached to your router and then put into factory reset (long press on front button until you get the fast red blink, about 15 seconds).
    I was able to finally get to the point where I can't make changes to all the settings. I've tried quite a few different settings but still am having no luck with wireless or wired connections.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 356
Size:  21.3 KB
    The reason I have info in the wireless and wired settings is because I've been tryng both by changing the interface number. Would I have to clear out the settings that aren't needed when switching between the two.
    Keep in mind, this is all just mumbo jumbo to me. I am pretty clueless.
    Last edited by wownflutter; 2018-10-25 at 23:18.

Hopeless

My god , I've been messing with this for days. I've tried Udap and also the Squeeze config app. That is absolutely impossible to figure out.
    I've read page after page on this forum. It's hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by wownflutter View Post
    My god , I've been messing with this for days. I've tried Udap and also the Squeeze config app. That is absolutely impossible to figure out.
    I've read page after page on this forum. It's hopeless.
    The command sequence I use is as follows:
    1. Start udap
    2. at udap prompt - type "discover"
    3. type "list" to get a list fo the player found.
    4. type "configure 1" - the number is the player from the list
    5. type "list" - show current settings
    6. type "set server_address=192.168.xx.xx squeezecenter_address=192.168.xx.xx" - the address xx.xx is your LMS server
    7. type "save_data"
    8. Usually works or try power off / on the receiver.

What sequence have you tried ? please give full details.

I was able to finally get to the point where I can't make changes to all the settings. I've tried quite a few different settings but still am having no luck with wireless or wired connections.
    The reason I have info in the wireless and wired settings is because I've been tryng both by changing the interface number. Would I have to clear out the settings that aren't needed when switching between the two.
    Is not lan gateway adress where you put the routers ip 198.168.0.1 and lan network adress the fixed ip you want the receiver to have . It looks like you try to give it the same ip as our router
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Given the SSID name you're using, I suspect you may also be trying to connect to a 5GHz WiFi network. The receiver will only work on 2.4GHz.

I tried Net UDAP, but witout any luck.

What worked for me was to download SqueezeConfig.APK on my PC, transfer it by cable to my phone. Allow an application to install such packages (in late Android versions, each app needs direct permission to do so). The Receiver was on Cable-Ethernet, rebooted to factory settings by holding the front button 6 seconds until quick-red-flashing appeared. Install the SqueezeConfig package on the Phone (SONY Xperia XZ in this case). It immediately found the Receiver and I told it to use the IP address of the server on my NAS. That's all.
    Last edited by cfuttrup; 2018-11-25 at 02:44.

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    I tried Net UDAP, but witout any luck.

What worked for me was to download SqueezeConfig.APK on my PC, transfer it by cable to my phone. Allow an application to install such packages (in late Android versions, each app needs direct permission to do so). The Receiver was on Cable-Ethernet, rebooted to factory settings by holding the front button 6 seconds until quick-red-flashing appeared. Install the SqueezeConfig package on the Phone (SONY Xperia XZ in this case). It immediately found the Receiver and I told it to use the IP address of the server on my NAS. That's all.
    Where did you find the apk file?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

(1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 5.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet

Excellent. Thanks, Google search only found the original link which doesn't exist any more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk