Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
    yours works?

i installed it to my phone, and it worked for a while, but then it stopped, saying it had "expired" or something like that. LAME.

how do i get it to work again?
    Net::UDAP is *NOT* flatterman's droid beta utility, but Robin Bowes' original utility written in Perl.

yours works?

i installed it to my phone, and it worked for a while, but then it stopped, saying it had "expired" or something like that. LAME.

how do i get it to work again?
    If you talk about SqueezeConfig, it probably told you "Expired. Please update to a newer version.".
    Maybe you should try what it says... :-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

MrSinatra
    Quote Originally Posted by sebp View Post
    Net::UDAP is *NOT* flatterman's droid beta utility, but Robin Bowes' original utility written in Perl.
    right you are, duh on me, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    If you talk about SqueezeConfig, it probably told you "Expired. Please update to a newer version.".
    Maybe you should try what it says... :-)

thx for the response. back when this first happened, (some time ago) there either wasn't a newer version, OR not a DL link.

if there is now, cool, where do i find it? also, i wish it wouldn't expire, b/c its a pita to install since u can't via the market.

having said all that, i use that and your app and i love both, thanks for doing it!

thx for the response. back when this first happened, (some time ago) there either wasn't a newer version, OR not a DL link.

if there is now, cool, where do i find it? also, i wish it wouldn't expire, b/c its a pita to install since u can't via the market.

having said all that, i use that and your app and i love both, thanks for doing it!
    http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/SqueezeConfig

But you are right, the expiration is pretty inconvenient.
    The current version works ok, and it will probably never leave the current Beta state.
    I thought about putting it in the Market, but the the are too many prerequisites (no HTC phone, Receiver must be connected via LAN...), i.e. it will not work for many people out-of-the-box.
    Therefore, I would probably get a lot of support requests, and in the end get a bad rating.
    Anyway, I'll remove the expiration and the PW protection this evening.
    Christian

Your wish is my command (even if it took some days longer...). :-)

SqueezeConfig should now be available without password protection and without expiration at
    http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/SqueezeConfig

Have fun!
    Christian

MrSinatra
    thx a lot, i'll work on it later, (i forgot how i installed it last time... i think i moved it over with bluetooth or something, then did some weird stuff to get it to install. droid is like dos once you're out of their gui expected system)

For the reference:
    Just open the page with your Android device and download the SqueezeConfig APK.
    Then click on the downloaded file to install it.
    (You may need to use a file manager app like Linda.)

So, enough SqueezeConfig spam in this thread. Sorry Robin. ;-)

Christian

Quick question - if my squeeze server is setup to set its ip address with DHCP, how do I use Net::UDAP to configure the receiver to find the server with a movable ip address ? (Can you ?)

(Couldnt find an answer here)

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by forestcaver View Post
    Quick question - if my squeeze server is setup to set its ip address with DHCP, how do I use Net::UDAP to configure the receiver to find the server with a movable ip address ? (Can you ?)

(Couldnt find an answer here)

Cheers,
    Andy
    I'm not sure you realy need to ? the server broadcast it's presence on the local network if port 3483 is open in the firewall , so when you have it firmly connected to the network check the web-UI .

If it needs a nudge maybe squeecomander could help if your are using that instead of the controller.

Or set the servers current adress with net::udap , i wonder if that's not updated when the servers moves ?

But why not have the server on a fixed ip too ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

or even if laptop that you don't want fixed ip, at least "reserve" the IP in your home network. That way the laptop will always get the same IP address from DHCP server.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify