Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Andrew W. Donoho
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    Folks,

    With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the server
    on Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it when
    it grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in my
    case 30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any advice
    on what I can do to help the community track this down?

    Andrew

    ____________________________________
    Andrew W. Donoho
    awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)

  2. #2
    Healy
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    I second that observation. I'm running 5.5.1 and just checked my memory
    use after 18 hours of being up has more than tripled from 80mb to over
    325mb:

    This Morning, after 18 hours:
    8135 root 14 0 325m 320m 1732 S 0.0 36.3 18:09.83
    slimserver.pl


    After Restarting:
    26182 root 14 0 82828 80m 1684 R 91.0 9.2 0:04.52
    slimserver.pl





    On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:55, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    > Folks,
    >
    > With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the serveron
    > Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it whenit
    > grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in mycase
    > 30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any adviceon
    > what I can do to help the community track this down?
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > ____________________________________
    > Andrew W. Donoho
    > awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    > +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)
    >
    >
    >
    >

  3. #3
    Manager Matt
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    How many songs?
    Do you guys use album art?

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Healy" <slim (AT) nwgeeks (DOT) com>
    To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    Cc: "Slim Devices Developers" <developers (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:24 AM
    Subject: [slim] Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux


    > I second that observation. I'm running 5.5.1 and just checked my memory
    > use after 18 hours of being up has more than tripled from 80mb to over
    > 325mb:
    >
    > This Morning, after 18 hours:
    > 8135 root 14 0 325m 320m 1732 S 0.0 36.3 18:09.83
    > slimserver.pl
    >
    >
    > After Restarting:
    > 26182 root 14 0 82828 80m 1684 R 91.0 9.2 0:04.52
    > slimserver.pl
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:55, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    > > Folks,
    > >
    > > With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the serveron
    > > Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it whenit
    > > grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in mycase
    > > 30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any adviceon
    > > what I can do to help the community track this down?
    > >
    > > Andrew
    > >
    > > ____________________________________
    > > Andrew W. Donoho
    > > awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    > > +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >

  4. #4
    Andrew W. Donoho
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:30, Manager Matt wrote:

    > How many songs?
    > Do you guys use album art?


    From my SlimServer web page:
    Your music library contains 258 albums with 3303 songs by 362 artists.

    I only have a single song with Album Art - a free Pepsi iTunes promo
    song.

    Andrew


    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: "Healy" <slim (AT) nwgeeks (DOT) com>
    > To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    > Cc: "Slim Devices Developers" <developers (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    > Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:24 AM
    > Subject: [slim] Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux
    >
    >
    >> I second that observation. I'm running 5.5.1 and just checked my
    >> memory
    >> use after 18 hours of being up has more than tripled from 80mb to over
    >> 325mb:
    >>
    >> This Morning, after 18 hours:
    >> 8135 root 14 0 325m 320m 1732 S 0.0 36.3 18:09.83
    >> slimserver.pl
    >>
    >>
    >> After Restarting:
    >> 26182 root 14 0 82828 80m 1684 R 91.0 9.2 0:04.52
    >> slimserver.pl
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:55, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    >>> Folks,
    >>>
    >>> With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the
    >>> serveron
    >>> Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it whenit
    >>> grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in
    >>> mycase
    >>> 30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any adviceon
    >>> what I can do to help the community track this down?
    >>>
    >>> Andrew
    >>>
    >>> ____________________________________
    >>> Andrew W. Donoho
    >>> awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    >>> +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

  5. #5
    Victor Brilon
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    > I only have a single song with Album Art - a free Pepsi iTunes promo song.


    How are you playing a iTMS song on Linux?
    Victor

  6. #6
    Healy
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 08:30, Manager Matt wrote:
    > How many songs?


    Over 21 thousand. About 150gb, all mp3's.

    > Do you guys use album art?


    I do but I do not browse by it. Before 5.5.1 memory would hang around
    130mb of usage consistantly.

    This morning, I've fired up three streams, hammered the web interface
    with searches and various querries. The memory usage has only crawled
    up to 104mb.


    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: "Healy" <slim (AT) nwgeeks (DOT) com>
    > To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    > Cc: "Slim Devices Developers" <developers (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    > Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:24 AM
    > Subject: [slim] Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux
    >
    >
    > > I second that observation. I'm running 5.5.1 and just checked my memory
    > > use after 18 hours of being up has more than tripled from 80mb to over
    > > 325mb:
    > >
    > > This Morning, after 18 hours:
    > > 8135 root 14 0 325m 320m 1732 S 0.0 36.3 18:09.83
    > > slimserver.pl
    > >
    > >
    > > After Restarting:
    > > 26182 root 14 0 82828 80m 1684 R 91.0 9.2 0:04.52
    > > slimserver.pl
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:55, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    > > > Folks,
    > > >
    > > > With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the serveron
    > > > Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it whenit
    > > > grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in mycase
    > > > 30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any adviceon
    > > > what I can do to help the community track this down?
    > > >
    > > > Andrew
    > > >
    > > > ____________________________________
    > > > Andrew W. Donoho
    > > > awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    > > > +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >

  7. #7
    Manager Matt
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    I've got 620 albums 5375 songs and 820 artists
    only 4 pices of art

    according to top, after running for 7 days and using ~23 min of cpu time I'm at 45MB resident.


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Andrew W. Donoho
    To: Slim Devices Discussion
    Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:38 AM
    Subject: [slim] Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux



    On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:30, Manager Matt wrote:


    How many songs?
    Do you guys use album art?


    From my SlimServer web page:
    Your music library contains 258 albums with 3303 songs by 362 artists.

    I only have a single song with Album Art - a free Pepsi iTunes promo song.

    Andrew




    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Healy" <slim (AT) nwgeeks (DOT) com>
    To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    Cc: "Slim Devices Developers" <developers (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:24 AM
    Subject: [slim] Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux



    I second that observation. I'm running 5.5.1 and just checked my memory
    use after 18 hours of being up has more than tripled from 80mb to over
    325mb:

    This Morning, after 18 hours:
    8135 root 14 0 325m 320m 1732 S 0.0 36.3 18:09.83
    slimserver.pl


    After Restarting:
    26182 root 14 0 82828 80m 1684 R 91.0 9.2 0:04.52
    slimserver.pl





    On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:55, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:

    Folks,

    With both slimserver-5.1.5-1 and slimserver-2004_04_26-1, the serveron
    Linux appears to grow after sustained use. I have restarted it whenit
    grows to about 3 times its quiescent post scan startup size (in mycase
    30 MB to over 100 MB). This appears to be repeatable. Any adviceon
    what I can do to help the community track this down?

    Andrew

    ____________________________________
    Andrew W. Donoho
    awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)




  8. #8
    Andrew W. Donoho
    Guest

    Slimserver Memory Leaks on Linux

    On Apr 28, 2004, at 10:40, Victor Brilon wrote:
    > Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    >> I only have a single song with Album Art - a free Pepsi iTunes promo
    >> song.

    >


    I use SlimServer's mov123 on Mac to convert it to an AIFF stream and
    then use FLAC to compress it losslessly. I am starting to experiment
    with AAC recompression at a higher bitrate (128K to 192K) to see if I
    can hear a difference.

    Andrew
    ____________________________________
    Andrew W. Donoho
    awd (AT) DDG (DOT) com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
    +1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •